Roles and missions of a growth hacker
A growth hacker is a digital media and technology professional whose mission is to accelerate business growth. They combine marketing, programming and development to find innovative and cost-effective solutions for promoting products and services. Growth hackers are primarily responsible for the operation and development of businesses. Here are the main roles and missions of a growth hacker:
- Analysing and understanding the market and consumer behaviour to identify opportunities for business growth and development.
- Use marketing, digital media and technology to increase awareness of products and services.
- Finding ways of communicating with consumers and building loyalty.
- Developing a content strategy to generate traffic and leads.
- Using tools and technologies to measure and optimise conversion rates.
- Identifying and exploiting customer acquisition and retention opportunities.
- Developing and applying gamification techniques to encourage consumer engagement.
- Working with the marketing and development teams to optimise the customer experience.
- Monitoring and measuring performance and results.
Growth hacker salary and career development
The salary of a growth hacker is often very attractive and can vary greatly depending on the experience and professional skills of the person concerned. In France, gross annual salaries can vary according to years of experience, as follows:
- 0 to 2 years: €40,000 to €50,000
- 2 to 5 years: €50,000 to €70,000
- 5 to 10 years: €70,000 to €90,000
- 10 to 15 years: more than €90,000
- More than 15 years: more than €100,000
A growth hacker can move into a number of different professions to which he can contribute his skills and expertise. These include
- Web project manager
- Digital marketing manager
- Digital marketing analyst
- Social media manager
- Digital marketing consultant