Roles and missions of the marketing manager
The marketing manager is a professional in charge of communication and promotion of a company. He/she is generally responsible for implementing the marketing strategy to achieve the business objectives set by the company and reach its target customers. The roles and missions of a marketing manager are numerous and varied. These include:
- Develop and implement the company's marketing strategy;
- Identify target customers and their needs;
- Research and analyze the market and competitors;
- Develop solutions and plans to promote products and/or services;
- Monitor and analyze results of marketing campaigns;
- Manage budgets and resources allocated to promotion;
- Write content for communication campaigns;
- Manage relationships with suppliers and partners;
- Develop and implement product launch plans;
- Manage and track website performance;
- Evaluate performance of communication channels;
- Organize and participate in marketing events to promote the company and its products;
- Ensure customer service and follow-up;
- Be aware of market trends and innovations.
The marketing manager is a key professional for a company. Mastery of modern marketing techniques and tools is essential for success in this field. He/she must be able to work in a team and listen to the needs of the customers. Finally, having a good knowledge of digital tools is an additional asset to succeed as a marketing manager.
Salary and career development of a marketing manager
The salary of a marketing manager in France is relatively high and has been steadily increasing over the last few years. According to salary surveys, the average gross annual salary is around €36,000. However, this amount can vary according to the years of experience in the field. Here are the evolutions of the annual gross salary according to the experience for a marketing manager in France:
- 0 to 2 years: between 32 000 and 34 000 €
- 2 to 5 years: between 34 000 and 37 000 €.
- 5 to 10 years: between 37 000 and 41 000 €.
- 10 to 15 years: between 41 000 and 45 000 €.
- More than 15 years: between 45 000 and 50 000 €.
A marketing manager can also hope for a career evolution in several professions:
- Marketing Director
- Digital marketing manager
- Community Manager
- Marketing consultant
- Marketing project manager