Roles and missions of the production technician
The production technician plays a key role in the production of a quality product or service. The main tasks and responsibilities of the production technician are :
- Manage production and ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing processes in compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Control products and check machines and production processes to ensure that products or services meet specifications.
- Monitor production plans and production times to ensure that products or services are delivered on time.
- Optimize production processes and develop efficient methods for manufacturing products or services.
- Conduct tests and analysis on products or samples to ensure quality and effectiveness of products or services.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technologies and innovations in the industry and proposes changes to improve production processes and products or services.
- Write reports and production documents, and participate in production meetings and other training sessions for staff.
In addition, the Production Technician may also be required to manage special projects, plan activities and provide technical advice. The Production Technician is responsible for ensuring that all products or services are produced on time and to the highest quality standards.
Production Technician Salary and Career Development
The gross annual salary of a production technician depends on several factors such as experience and region. On average, a production technician can expect a gross annual salary between 25,000 and 40,000 euros. Here are the changes in the gross annual salary for a production technician according to professional experience:
- 0 to 2 years: between 25,000 and 28,000 euros.
- 2 to 5 years: between 28 000 and 32 000 euros.
- 5 to 10 years: between 32 000 and 35 000 euros.
- 10 to 15 years: between 35 000 and 37 000 euros.
- More than 15 years: between 37 000 and 40 000 euros.
A production technician can consider advancing in his or her career by joining professions such as:
- Production team leader ;
- Quality manager ;
- Engineering technician ;
- Logistics coordinator;
- Maintenance manager.