Roles and missions of the engineer
Engineers play a crucial role in developing and maintaining the infrastructure, technologies and systems that surround us.
They are responsible for solving complex and diverse problems, and their primary roles and missions are to:
- Design and improve products, systems, and processes, using scientific and methodical processes to achieve specific objectives ;
- Evaluate procedures and systems to mitigate safety risks and maintain acceptable quality standards;
- Manage and supervise engineering projects to ensure compliance with specifications and deadlines;
- Participate in research and study of new technologies and applications to propose innovative ideas and improve existing products;
- Analyze and resolve technical problems and product issues, including testing and trials;
- Build relationships and work with colleagues from different disciplines to improve products and systems;
- Manage technology changes and environmental issues; and
- Prepare technical reports, drawings and presentations to communicate clear and accurate information.
Engineers are valuable professionals who contribute to the innovation and development of modern technologies. They are essential to research and development efforts and are an asset to the quality of life for all.
Salary and career development of an engineer
The salary of an engineer in France can vary according to his/her experience and responsibilities. Here is a list of the evolution of the gross annual salary in France according to the years of experience:
- 0 to 2 years: about €40,000
- 2 to 5 years: approximately €50,000
- 5 to 10 years: about €70,000
- 10 to 15 years: approximately €80,000
- More than 15 years: about 90 000 €.
An engineer can find many different career opportunities; here are 5 possible jobs:
- Project Director
- Information systems manager
- Software engineer
- Research and development manager
- Engineering consultant.