Roles and missions of the Production Team Leader
A Production Team Leader has multiple roles and responsibilities.
The main roles and missions are :
- Ensure the implementation of production activities, in accordance with quality, quantity, time and cost objectives. Supervise and organize production work at each stage of manufacturing and assembly.
- Plan and manage production teams, ensuring sufficient and appropriate staffing and resources. Develops and ensures adherence to production and labor plans.
- Analyze, monitor and report on performance indicators Propose adjustments and corrective measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and procedures. Develop and implement internal procedures to ensure proper communication and compliance.
- Develop and train production staff to ensure proper skill level and performance.
- Manage material and finished goods inventory. Ensure raw materials and finished goods are properly managed and available.
- Manage external contractors and suppliers. Track orders and ensure deliveries are made on time.
A Production Team Leader must manage all of these responsibilities with great precision and attention to detail, while ensuring employee satisfaction and motivation.
Salary and career development of a production team leader
The salary of a Production Team Leader is generally dependent on the number of years of experience and the size of the company. In France, on average, the gross annual salaries are as follows:
- 0 to 2 years experience: between 40 and 45 K€.
- 2 to 5 years of experience: between 45 and 50 K€.
- 5 to 10 years experience: between 55 and 60 K€.
- 10 to 15 years experience: between 65 and 70 K€.
- More than 15 years experience: between 75 and 80 K€.
Production Team Leaders can progress to other positions higher up in the organization. Here are a few examples of possible jobs with a view to career development:
- Production manager / Production line manager
- Operations manager / Production site manager
- Production Manager / Plant Manager
- Assistant production manager
- Industrial project manager