Roles and missions of the Development Manager
The Development Manager is a central position within a company. His/her main mission is to implement innovative commercial strategies to achieve the company's objectives. He/she must also ensure that the products and services offered are in line with the needs and expectations of customers and prospects. Here is a list of the main duties and responsibilities of a Business Development Manager:
- Identify new markets and develop strategies to enter them.
- Develop and implement growth and development plans and objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and business partners.
- Develop pricing and distribution models.
- Work with the sales team to identify prospects and generate leads.
- Manage marketing and customer acquisition budget.
- Generate and analyze marketing and sales performance reports.
- Develop digital marketing tools and resources.
- Develop promotional and advertising campaigns.
- Participate in market research and competitive analysis.
- Develop and manage partnerships for revenue optimization.
- Monitor and evaluate overall company performance.
The Development Manager must also maintain close relationships with other departments, such as accounting, research and development, IT and customer service. He/she must be able to make strategic decisions and be results-oriented. A good knowledge of the sectors in which the company is active is essential for this position.
Salary and career development of the Development Manager
. The salary of a Development Manager depends on his/her experience and skills. In France, here is the average evolution of a Development Manager in terms of annual gross salary:
- 0 to 2 years: between 34.000 and 41.000 euros;
- 2 to 5 years: between 41.000 and 48.000 euros;
- 5 to 10 years: between 48.000 and 58.000 euros;
- 10 to 15 years: between 58,000 and 68,000 euros;
- More than 15 years: more than 68.000 euros.
The career of a Development Manager is very dynamic and offers several possibilities. Here are 5 possible careers to evolve from a Development Manager position:
- Director of Information Systems;
- IT project manager;
- Business development manager;
- Customer relations manager;
- Director of innovation and digital transformation.