Roles and missions of the sustainable development project manager
The sustainability project manager is responsible for implementing sustainability projects to achieve an organization's objectives.
The main roles and missions of a sustainable development project manager are as follows
- Plan and oversee project activities according to deadlines and budgets.
- Develop a sustainability strategy and economic and environmental plans to achieve the organization's goals.
- Ensure that actions and interventions comply with applicable standards and regulations.
- Identify and analyze environmental and social risks and find solutions to minimize these risks.
- Manage and control the project budget.
- Actively participate in the implementation and improvement of environmental and sustainability management systems.
- Coordinate the activities of the various stakeholders involved in the project.
- Facilitate workshops and training sessions on sustainable development.
- Write reports on performance and results achieved.
- Propose innovative initiatives to promote sustainable development in the organization and in society.
The sustainability project manager plays a key role in promoting a sustainable vision for the development of the organization and society. The tools and methods that he/she implements are essential to guarantee the sustainability and effectiveness of projects focused on sustainable development.
Salary and career development of a sustainable development project manager
The salary of a sustainability project manager depends on his/her level of experience and skills. In France, the gross annual salary of a sustainable development project manager can vary according to the years of experience:
- 0 to 2 years: between €27,000 and €33,000
- 2 to 5 years: between 34 000 and 40 000€.
- 5 to 10 years: between 42 000 and 50 000€.
- 10 to 15 years: between 52 000 and 64 000€.
- More than 15 years: between 70 000 and 90 000€.
In terms of career development prospects, sustainable development project managers can progress to positions such as
- Sustainable development manager
- Project Director
- Sustainable development project manager
- Sustainable development consultant
- Sustainable development expert.