Are you interested in fundraising whilst being close to the projects implemented? Do you enjoy building relationships with funding partners and writing proposals for amazing projects? Then join us!
You will be joining the multi-disciplinary team of Friends-International (FI) comprised of 550 professionals committed to creating innovative social service for youth, children and families worldwide.
What will you do?
You will be the newest member of our Partnerships team working at our Phnom Penh headquarters in Cambodia. You will support the Partnerships strategy by building multi-faceted partnerships with prospective funders, sourcing funding for projects across South East Asia to ensure that our programs and partners have sufficient funds to save lives and build futures for marginalized children & youth, their families and their communities.
This includes identifying opportunities, developing new partnerships and building/strengthening relationships with donors, and coordinating and writing grants and proposals for multilateral donor agencies, trusts and foundations, government agencies, embassies and corporates.
Your responsibilities as a PARTNERSHIPS OFFICER will include the following:
- Contributing to the design of fundraising strategies for FI and our partners
- Proactively identifying, building and maintaining funding partnerships with embassies, companies, foundations and institutional donors
- Representing FI to donors when necessary; explaining and pitching FI Programs; maintaining positive and fruitful relationships in person and remotely
- Writing and tailoring project proposals to donor profiles to source funds for programs across four countries, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Being well-informed and communicating knowledge on funding sources, donor guidelines, formats, rules, regulations, and restrictions
- Supporting the program teams with donor management, including monitoring reporting requirements and helping with donor report submissions
- Support partner organizations in their fundraising efforts by developing joint proposals and supporting their individual efforts
- You are a proactive individual who enjoys working with multiple teams across different cultures
- You have strong relationship-building skills and are comfortable meeting with potential funding partners
- You have experience in securing funding from French donors (institutional and private sector)
- You can develop high-quality proposals targeting institutional and private-sector donors and have a proven track record of successfully-attained grants
- You have excellent understanding of a both institutional and private donor objectives, requirements and regulations
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French
- You have excellent writing skills and the ability to tailor writing according to the needs/style of a plethora of donors
- You have excellent time management, coordination, communication and organizational skills
- You work best under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
This is a full-time position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with occasional travel in the region to visit projects or donors. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
What do we do?
Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
We drive an innovative network of government and non-government organizations working together to solve the problems children and youth face worldwide.
The objective is to significantly improve the quality and impact of services to marginalized urban children and youth and related groups through an effective network of internationally recognized organizations. We have developed a holistic social integration cycle that is based on individual and community needs to achieve best practice methods directly or in collaboration with partners.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Please submit a cover letter (max 2 pages), CV (max 2 pages) and salary expectations to
email@example.com with the subject: Partnerships Officer.
Friends-International is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Friends-International’s Child Protection Policy.
Please submit your application before 23rd December 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note, we may contact candidates before the close date so please apply as soon as possible.