Post based to: Sierra Leone (Freetown)
They didn't know it was impossible, so they did it (Mark Twain)
- You wish to evolve within a structure with a social vocation, in a goodness work environment!
- You want to join a structure where you are part of the future of the latter? Entrepreneurs du Monde offers a collegial decision organes open to all teams.
- You share our values: entrepreneurship, pragmatism, professionalism, social approach, audacity, confidence in success, sharing good practices, transparency...
Then join us.
Entrepreneurs du Monde supports the economic integration of families in very precarious situations and facilitates their access to essential goods and services. Thus, these families gain in autonomy and improve their living conditions. To achieve its mission, Entrepreneurs du Monde promotes the emergence of sustainable local organizations through 3 areas of activity: social microfinance, access to energy, professional integration and support for entrepreneurs.
For more information: www.entrepreneursdumonde.org
On the African continent, Entrepreneurs du Monde has been working since 2003 in Benin, 2005 in Ghana, 2008 in Burkina Faso, 2011 in Togo, 2014 in Senegal and 2016 in Guinea Conakry to create and support local microfinance institutions (MFIs) with a strong social orientation. EdM decides in 2018 to create a new MFI in Sierra Leone.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The role of PM entails responsibility for launch, follow-up and development of social microfinance activities in the country to which S/he is posted. S/he is generally responsible for the balance of social and financial performance of programmes / organisations managed.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Head of Social Microfinance Unit based at headquarters, then the Board of Directors which will be set up, he/she:
- Undertakes all the steps of creation of EdM and the MFI in Sierra Leone, ensures the compliance and the good governance of the program with the local regulation
- Actively participates in the definition and implementation of the programme’s strategy, budget and operational planning,
- Recruits and train local teams and ensures their management, reinforce their capacity,
- Ensure the implementation and updates of the operational framework (policies, procedures, MIS, etc.)
- Is responsible for launching and monitoring the MFI's activities (branch opening, implementation of financial services and non-financial services)
- Contributes to the definition of social objectives, is responsible for managing the social performance of the program
- Oversees the financial management of the program (budget monitoring, treasury management),
- Identifies donors and investors likely to finance the development of the programme and drafts proposals, then ensures reporting to donors,
- Represents EdM with local authorities and local donors and partners,
- Support the transition of the programme towards an autonomous and sustainable entity.
Training: - Higher education in management, management, entrepreneurship,
- At least 10 years of professional experience in global project management: organisation, planning, implementation of the project cycle, implementation and monitoring of financial and budgetary procedures, recruitment and management of teams, reporting, etc.
- Previous experience in microfinance,
- Strong social values,
- Experience in fundraising and writing proposals for donor funding and reporting,
- Experience working with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams,
- Experience in supporting and transferring skills to staff or partners in developing countries,
- Field experience in a developing country (on the African continent would be a plus),
- Fluent in both written and spoken French and English with good writing skills,
- Strong management and organizational capacities in perfect autonomy,
- Perfect command of the computer tool (Word and Excel in particular).
- Knowledge of official development assistance
- Innovation and strategic vision
- Knowledge of the local language
- Status: indefinite term contract (expatriation contract under French law or local contract for Sierra Leonean candidates)
- Desired start date: November 2018
- Post based in Freetown with regular trips to the provinces and even to the sub-region
- Salary: based on experience
- Interviews and tests will be organised at Lyon (France) or at a distance depending on the place of residence. Travel expenses related to recruitment are not covered by Entrepreneurs du Monde.
CV (maximum 4 pages) Letter of motivation imperatively in French language if English speaking or in English language if French speaking A document in French presenting your most beautiful achievement related to the position to be filled (in 1 page) Under reference "Sierra Leone PM" To the e-mail address: email@example.com For more information on the NGO: http://www.entrepreneursdumonde.org Applications that do not contain a CV, cover letter and application form will not be considered. CVs longer than 4 pages will not be considered.