duration: 3 months from Aug 14th to Nov 14th
Place of performance: Paris, FranceThe Global Social Business Summit is the leading global forum for Social Business. It was created in 2009 by Professor Yunus and its creative advisor, Hans Reitz. Its 08th edition will be hosted in Paris, on November 06th and 07th 2017. For more information, visit: http://gsbs-2017.com/
The Event Management Intern has two primary responsibilities:
- to give support for all event communications and, public relations, social media, content creation, and event support. The goal is to establish the GSBS with its partners as a trusted and high-impact event among stakeholders.
- to support the coordination of all event operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, communicating and managing event schedules, participant logistics, relaying any event budget needs, arranging equipment rentals, storage units, and other event-related logistics needs.
Content creation: Research and write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communication materials. Manage the content creation and graphic design process for high priority collateral
Digital marketing: Create, manage, and grow the company’s presence through our website, videos, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
Public relations: Manage incoming media requests and build relationships with journalists; create, execute, and measure media campaigns
Communications/marketing strategy and campaigns: execute strategic marketing/communications plans for the company’s public facing communications
Participant management according to the each level of servicePlanning, allocation, procurement, shipment and storage of event assets
Education & Experience desired
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) are highly desired, but equivalent experience will be key
• Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills
• A first experience managing communications and social media platforms is preferable.
• Experience planning and coordinating event logistics, working directly with event staff and/or venues in a collaborative environment
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, particularly well-versed in Excel - Graphic creation is a key advantage
• Experience working in a deadline-driven environment, with ability to quickly identify problems and solve them
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.