37 rue Lafayette, Paris 9e
Sparknews is a social startup that was created in 2012 by Ashoka Fellow Christian de Boisredon. Our mission is to amplify the impact of social and environmental innovations around the world, partnering with leading media outlets, social entrepreneurs and the corporate world.
3 main activities:
SOURCING innovative projects from all over the world that have a high social and environmental impact and developing expertise in these sectors. Example 1, Example 2.
SHARING these solutions during conferences and forums and with the widest audience possible via large scale media operations:
- Impact Journalism Day, with 50+ leading media in 50+ countries that publish supplements on the same day, together reaching over 120 million readers. See the teaser.
- Solutions&Co, with 20+ business newspapers worldwide. In 2016 it was about smart cities, in 2017 we are focusing on circular economy. See a teaser here.
ASSISTING companies in their social innovation strategy – for example through conferences, consultancy missions, seminars, dedicated projects and our Positive Innovation Club (gathering top management of CAC40 companies and PME).
What you’ll do
- Establishing video editorial guidelines, filming, editing short videos
- Writing up pitches for media partners
- Developing the Youtube channel
Qualities and skills required:
- Creative and curious
- Good editorial and journalistic skills
- Passionate about video as a means of communicating emotions and inspiring people.
- Editing skills: ability to chose the best sequences, cutting, text inlaying ...
- After effect skills very much appreciated
- Ability to come up with editorial ideas
- Basic knowledge of shooting, framing, lighting and sound recording.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, with good communications skills
- Ability to do serious things without taking yourself too seriously
- Native English very much appreciated
Send your CV and cover letter by email to Aubance Lamour -- email@example.com