Roles and missions of the CSR officer
The CSR officer (Corporate Social Responsibility) is responsible for implementing actions aimed at respecting the company's commitments in terms of human rights, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the preservation of the environment. He or she is also responsible for developing social, solidarity and environmental projects.
Among the main roles and missions of the CSR officer, we can mention :
- Define and integrate the principles of social responsibility into the company's strategy;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legislation;
- Develop and implement sustainability policies and procedures;
- Organize and manage sustainability communication and training programs;
- Identify and develop relationships with stakeholders;
- Contribute to awareness of and commitment to corporate responsibility;
- Assessing and managing sustainability risk;
- Develop reports and indicators and encourage reporting of sustainability results;
- Manage supply chain and product/service responsibility;
- Develop partnerships with NGOs, associations, business partners and other stakeholders;
- Analyze and promote solutions for social, environmental and economic issues;
- Advancing sustainability ideas through concrete projects and initiatives.
The CSR officer is an essential player within companies because he/she develops and implements a policy of social responsibility, taking into account the challenges of contemporary society.
Salary and career development of a CSR officer
The salary of a CSR officer depends on his/her experience and the company where he/she works. In France, gross annual salaries can vary according to years of experience:
- 0 to 2 years: between 28,000 and 36,000 Euros gross per year;
- 2 to 5 years: between 36,000 and 48,000 Euros gross per year;
- 5 to 10 years: between 48,000 and 60,000 Euros gross per year;
- 10 to 15 years: between 60,000 and 72,000 Euros gross per year;
- More than 15 years: more than 72 000 Euros gross per year.
The career prospects of a CSR manager are varied. They can range from supervising new employees to management positions. Here are 5 possible jobs:
- CSR manager ;
- Project Director ;
- Product manager ;
- Sustainable development consultant;
- Manager of CSR programs.
Depending on the employer company and the responsibilities entrusted to them, these professions can offer significant opportunities for salary progression.