Roles and missions of the MOA Consultant
An MOA Consultant is responsible for providing technical assistance and advice to customers to enable them to achieve their business objectives. This professional is an expert in opportunity studies, technology strategies and applications. They are responsible for providing advice and solutions to customers and, where necessary, helping them to overcome any difficulties encountered. Here is a list of the main roles and missions of an MOA Consultant:
- Assessing existing systems and deciding whether they need to be upgraded.
- Understand the customer's needs and define practical solutions to meet their objectives.
- Work with developers and analysts to develop IT solutions tailored to the client's needs and IT structure.
- Writing documents and specifications, taking into account the standards and current practices to which the company conforms.
- Analysing data to identify and resolve problems.
- Manage application development and maintenance projects.
- Develop test plans and verify results.
- Write minutes and reports to communicate results and findings to customers.
- Manage budgets and deadlines for projects and activities.
- Provide training to users and the team to promote the use and understanding of the products and processes.
In short, the role and mission of an MOA Consultant is very varied and touches on many areas, including analysis, development, project management, testing and maintenance.
Salary and career development of the MOA Consultant
The salary of an MOA consultant varies greatly depending on experience, training and qualifications. In France, the average gross annual salary is €50,000. The main changes in gross annual salary in France according to years of experience are as follows:
- 0 to 2 years: €40,000
- 2 to 5 years: €50,000
- 5 to 10 years: €60,000
- 10 to 15 years: €70,000
- More than 15 years: €80,000
A MOA Consultant can consider a wide range of career development options. Here are 5 possible careers for MOA consultants:
- Project Manager
- Information systems architect
- Functional analyst
- Risk management consultant
- Business development manager.