Hey ho, makesense in Lebanon is recruiting a Country Operations Manager !
Makesense Lebanon is a vibrant team of 6 people in Beirut, working on social entrepreneurship . We support change-makers in building a more fair, sustainable and inclusive society. Makesense Lebanon belongs to a team of 100+ people in 6 locations around the world. See https://makesense.org/en/
Our plan of impactful activities for 2021 already includes: a targeted support to eco-designers in Lebanon, an incubation program for 15 social entrepreneurs, a campaign about waste and circular economy, a program about micro-entrepreneurship for Lebanese and Syrians in the Bekaa.
Makesense Lebanon is today led by a Country Development manager (CDM) who is looking for its copilote: a Country Operations Manager (COM). In a 2020, the organisation has multiplied the budget and the team by 3. In order to continue its growth in an impactful, meaningful and sustainable way, makesense is hiring a COM to co-pilot the development of the office hand in hand with the CDM, based on a vision of co-leadership. While the CDM is mainly responsible for fundraising and development of new projects with partners and clients, the Country Operations Manager will be responsible for structuring and coordinating qualitative operations and programs with the team.
The COM will oversee the day-to-day operational, HR, admin and finance functions such as:
- Ensuring a smooth and qualitative delivery of the programs on the ground (project management)
- Support the team in their daily operations (answering questions and needs, coaching, following up)
- Development of tools and processes to structure the implementation of the programs
- Admin and legal: makesense status and legal reports, insurances, etc.
- Financial planning and piloting (budget, cash flow and tax management)
- Relationships with the bank, accounting, audit (we have an accountant and auditor, the COM will have to coordinate and follow up with them)
- Relationships management with the financial departments of our suppliers and clients
HR overview :
- Recruitment, onboarding, employee’s journey, administration related to contracts and benefits
- Team life and cohesion: ensure that the team is working well together and enjoying the ride
In addition, the COM will work hand in hand with the CDM, in order to pilot the office. The shared responsibilities are:
- Strategy: plan and decide the strategy of the office
- International coordination: makesense lebanon is working closely with makesense Paris office, who is supporting us with some administrative functions (IT, HR, finance). The COM will receive training from the Paris team and will benefit from their support. The COM will also coordinate with other makesense offices (France, Mexico, Peru, Africa, Philippines) on some transversal activities.
- Reporting: writing the reporting for donors, partners
- Fundraising: design the future programs
- You are very detail oriented, highly organized and structured.
- You have experience of piloting budgets, you love excel and reporting (accounting, planning, logistics etc). - You know how to keep track of everything so you can find the information you need later on.
- You have a very strong emotional intelligence, that allows you to quickly understand people’s needs and expectations and develop trust, engagement and commitment in your relationships. You are able to coach and support a team in tough situations (not linked to makesense but to the current situation in Lebanon!).
- You live in Lebanon (and you want to stay!), are fluent in arabic and english (french is a plus) and have min 5 years of work experience where you have led various projects from the delivery to the budget, reporting and operations. You have already managed a team.
- You are able to take decisions in complex situations.
- You have knowledge or sensibility of social entrepreneurship and social innovation and you want to work for impact!
Skills and mindset :
- You love details
- You are rigorous, patient and can easily work in complex fast-paced environments
- You are a team player and are able to work effectively in a team setting, including a distributed team and online collaboration and tools
- You are naturally organised and optimistic
Makesense is a very impactful, informal and fun team where “enjoy the ride” is the first motto at work. We are looking for someone who shares the same values!