ECOLISE is currently developing a fundraising strategy to support its organisational strategy implementation.
Presently about 60-70% of ECOLISE funding is coming from EU resources (HORIZON, DEAR, E+, and other programmes) and the remaining part is funded by private foundations and membership’s fees. The ambition for the coming years is to grow the budget in line with operational needs, including developing a component to fund innovative community projects in Europe to respond to climate challenges. To ensure financial sustainability and resilience, ECOLISE would like to diversify its funding sources, including more philanthropic donors and increasing the self-financing component through services.
Present fundraising operations are led by a fundraising circle, coordinated by ECOLISE’s co-director with the support of an external fundraising expert and other team members. The team would like to increase its effectiveness and its operationality through the recruitment of a staff member, for a new position fully dedicated to fundraising.
As a team, we are a group of passionate, purpose-driven individuals who bring our whole hearts and creative minds to the workplace and the service of our members. We foster a human-centred and collaborative working culture where everyone is encouraged to take initiative and responsibility for the direction, quality, impact, and character of our constantly evolving work.
- Actively contribute to the work of the fundraising circle, by managing the weekly agenda, the implementation of tasks and expected team contributions;
- Scan and identify new fundraising opportunities, including philanthropy and European programmes;
- Manage and write project concepts and proposals;
- Maintenance of reporting schedules and report writing and management;
- Fundraising management tasks;
- Ensure fundraising processes run smoothly and openly, from identifying a funding opportunity to the actual submission, ensuring inclusion of relevant (team) members;
- Support relationship building with funders and other potential funding partners;
- Prepare fundraising materials (such as presentations and regular information updates when required);
- Manage and update the donor database, bid tracker and other fundraising documents;
- Support with financial management when needed.
Full job description can be found here: We’re hiring! Roles in Policy, Content & Social Media, Fundraising - Ecolise