- This is the person that makes sure that there is ample demand on the Brainforest MARKETPLACE, and gets capital providers using the platform to identify and evaluate forest projects to invest in and complete transactions.
- Responsible for building a robust, successful sales pipeline for the demand side of the MARKETPLACE. Ensures that marketing channels and direct sales activities generate sufficient pipeline with high conversion rates into MARKETPLACE transactions.
- Actively sells and ensures that early customers use the MARKETPLACE successfully to execute transactions, in order to understand market needs and ensure early success in facilitating transactions.
- Creates and implements strategic sales and marketing plans that successfully achieve ambitious targets. Establishes processes and constantly improves the success of the marketing and sales activities along the entire value chain.
- Builds and manages a small sales and marketing team to develop and operate marketing channels (website, webinars, social media presence), sell to customers and ensure continuous customer success.
- Works with the Product and Supply teams to shape the nature of the newly established MARKETPLACE as a digital solution / platform and the projects offered on it, based on his/her market expertise, business feedback and UX preferences from early customers.
- Member of the group of people who set overall strategy for the digital MARKETPLACE and evolve the product vision.
Requirements for the position
- At least 5-10 years of successful experience selling complex sustainability products (sustainable investing, sustainable asset management or corporate CSR solutions), strong personal network in one of these areas.
- The core skill is selling emerging products/services and building markets in a space with great potential that is not yet fully established.
- Strong network in your field; great empathy and trust-inspiring personality required to establish longterm customer relationships.
- Experience evaluating product / market situations and analyzing data and information, transforming it into actionable sales / marketing strategies and approaches.
- Experience leveraging content such as whitepapers and webinars to fill a sales funnel, successfully convert leads and ensure customer success/repurchase over time.
- Proven leadership experience managing sales and/or marketing teams.
- Strategic mind and interest to shape the direction of the organization as part of its leadership team. Desire to work in an agile setup with the other areas of the organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to build a business jointly with the other co-founders. Self starter who is happy to work in a startup environment with initially limited resources, strong urge to be in front of customers yourself.
- Passion for sustainability, drive and optimism to do something to solve the climate crisis.
- Opportunity to shape one of Brainforests venture studio’s first ventures and thereby contribute to significant climate change mitigation
- Dynamic, caring, high purpose and mission-driven work environment
- Global work environment and real impact
- Cooperation with renowned experts and chance to extend your network
- We will be able to offer an entrepreneurial package including equity participation.