Roles and missions of the SRI Manager
The SRI (Socially Responsible Investment) Manager is a professional responsible for socially responsible investments. His mission is to help companies integrate social and environmental criteria (ESG) into their investments. They are responsible for identifying, monitoring and selecting the best investment opportunities and ensuring that capital is used in a socially responsible manner.
Here is an overview of the main roles and missions of the SRI Manager:
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis of companies and sectors to identify socially responsible investment opportunities;
- Evaluate and monitor companies and investment sectors to ensure they meet ESG criteria;
- Develop and maintain SRI investment strategies and models to provide clients with socially responsible investment portfolios;
- Analyze social, environmental and governance factors of companies and sectors;
- Develop decision-making models and tools to guide SRI investments;
- Participate in tools and training programs to help other professionals understand and integrate SRI investments;
- Participate in meetings and events to promote and advocate for SRI investments;
- Participate in research and development projects on SRI investments; and
- Provide advice to clients on SRI investments.
As SRI Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the companies and investment sectors selected meet ESG criteria. You will also develop and maintain SRI investment strategies and models and provide clients with socially responsible investment portfolios. You will also participate in training programs.
Salary and career development of an SRI manager
The salary of an SRI manager can vary depending on the company and the level of experience in the sector. In most cases, the average gross annual salary of an SRI manager in France varies between 50,000 and 70,000 euros per year. Salary amounts are likely to increase with professional experience:
- 0 to 2 years: between 40,000 and 50,000 euros per year
- 2 to 5 years: between 45,000 and 65,000 euros per year
- 5 to 10 years: between 50,000 and 70,000 euros per year
- 10 to 15 years: between 60,000 and 80,000 euros per year
- More than 15 years: between 70,000 and 90,000 euros per year
SRI Managers can choose to pursue their career in different areas, such as:
- Information Systems Security Manager;
- IT Security Advisor; IT Security Analyst; IT Security Manager; IT Security Consultant;
- IT Security Analyst;
- Information Systems Security Consultant;
- Information Systems Integrity Manager.