Roles and missions of the Responsible Investment Manager
The Responsible Investment Manager (RIM) is a growing profession that contributes to the transition towards a sustainable and responsible economy. The RI is responsible for long-term investments and sustainable and environmentally responsible investment strategies. Its primary missions are to
- Develop long-term investment strategies that incorporate the transition to a more sustainable and responsible economy.
- Evaluate, select and manage assets, companies and financial products to align them with the sustainability and social responsibility objectives of investors.
- Develop tools and methodologies to assess the sustainability and responsibility performance of companies and financial products.
- Regularly monitor new standards and new ethical and sustainable financial products and services.
- Monitor the performance of responsible and ethical investment portfolios.
- Implementing reporting strategies on the sustainability of investments and corporate social responsibility.
- Participate in discussions related to the sustainability and social and environmental responsibility of investments.
- Participate in investor-company discussions on sustainability and corporate social responsibility issues.
The IRB is a consultant who helps investors and companies achieve their goals and contribute to the creation of a sustainable and responsible economy. He is both a planner and a strategist who can help companies align with sustainability and social and environmental responsibility commitments.
Responsible Investment Manager Salary and Career Development
The salary of a Responsible Investment Manager can vary according to experience. In France, the gross annual salary can vary as follows
- 0 to 2 years of experience: between €40,000 and €45,000/year
- 2 to 5 years of experience: between €45,000 and €50,000/year
- 5 to 10 years experience: between 55 000 and 65 000 €/year
- 10 to 15 years experience: between 70 000 and 80 000 €/year
- More than 15 years experience: between 80 000 and 90 000 €/year
In addition to this remuneration, a Responsible Investment Manager can enjoy various benefits, such as bonuses and travel. This profession also offers interesting career development prospects. Here are 5 possible career development opportunities for a Responsible Investment Manager:
- Director of responsible investments
- Director of investor relations
- Director of responsible investment strategies
- Director of corporate social responsibility programs
- Director of compliance for responsible investments