Roles and missions of the ESG Manager
The ESG Officer is essential to ensure that companies integrate good environmental, social and governance principles.
The main responsibilities and duties of an ESG Officer include
- Ensuring that the company complies with applicable ESG regulations and standards.
- Develop and implement ESG strategies and programs that comply with the letter and spirit of regulations and standards.
- Develop and manage plans to reduce and manage ESG risks and environmental impacts.
- Attend meetings and report to management, shareholders and the Board of Directors on ESG progress and performance.
- Conduct analysis and review ESG data to identify trends and risks.
- Prepare reports and documents to communicate the company's ESG progress and performance.
- Address concerns from stakeholders and others on ESG issues.
- Manage communication with stakeholders and others on ESG issues.
- Draft legal and contractual documents for ESG activities and initiatives.
- Monitor and ensure that ESG initiatives and commitments are executed on time and to standard.
- Track actions taken by the company to minimize ESG risks and environmental impacts.
- Develop and communicate ESG practices and policies and ensure compliance.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to determine ESG factors that may affect business activity.
- Manage ESG budgets and resources and related expenses.
- Participate in ESG-related conferences, seminars and other professional events.
ESG Manager Salary and Career Development
The salary of an ESG manager can vary considerably depending on the sector of activity and the geographical region. On average, an ESG Manager earns between €35,000 and €76,000 per year gross. Gross annual salary progression in France by years of experience for an ESG Manager:
- 0 to 2 years: between €35,000 and €47,000
- 2 to 5 years: between €47,000 and €61,000
- 5 to 10 years: between €61,000 and €70,000
- 10 to 15 years: between 70 000 and 75 000 €.
- More than 15 years: between €75,000 and €76,000
ESG Managers who wish to evolve in their career can choose among several professions:
- ESG Analyst ;
- ESG project manager; ;
- Social responsibility consultant;
- Director of Public Affairs and External Relations;
- Sustainable Investment Manager.