Roles and missions of the Decarbonation Manager
The decarbonation manager is an essential and highly sought-after role today. The primary responsibility of a decarbonation manager is to help a company reduce its carbon footprint.
The roles and missions of a Decarbonation Manager include
- Analyzing the company's production systems and identifying ways to improve energy efficiency and consumption while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Implementing strategies and technologies to improve the company's carbon emissions and energy performance.
- Evaluate existing processes and practices for opportunities to further reduce carbon footprint.
- Develop and execute short, medium and long-term plans to reduce emissions and environmental impacts.
- Work with suppliers to ensure that products and services purchased are environmentally compliant.
- Participate in workshops and conferences on decarbonization issues.
- Develop reports on progress and share key information with decision makers.
- Participate in projects related to energy efficiency and carbon reduction.
- Manage the company's short and long-term decarbonization goals.
- Seek funding opportunities to support decarbonization-related projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical support to operational teams and all employees.
- Maintain relevant procedures and policies to ensure all environmental aspects are considered.
- Provide training to employees to help them understand environmental issues and develop skills and competencies.
Salary and career development of the Decarbonation Manager
A Decarbonation Manager is a professional in charge of reducing pollution and greenhouse gases to an acceptable level of decarbonation. His/her salary is linked to his/her experience and skills. In France, gross annual salaries are as follows:
- 0 to 2 years: between €28,000 and €33,000
- 2 to 5 years: between €36,000 and €42,000
- 5 to 10 years: between €45,000 and €53,000
- 10 to 15 years: between €53,000 and €62,000
- More than 15 years: between €62,000 and €73,000
A Decarbonation Manager can evolve towards several jobs:
- Environmental manager
- Consultant in sustainable development
- Sustainable development engineer
- Expert in greenhouse gas reduction
- Specialist in sustainable development