Roles and missions of the Sustainable Procurement Manager
As a Sustainable Procurement Manager, the roles and missions are numerous and varied. It is an important function that aims to reduce the environmental and social impacts of purchasing activities.
The main responsibilities of the Sustainable Procurement Manager include:
- Develop, implement, and oversee sustainable policies and strategies for all of the organization's purchasing.
- Ensure that suppliers and service providers meet sustainability goals and requirements.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of suppliers and service providers to ensure that they meet sustainability criteria, including respect for human rights and environmental standards.
- Develop partnerships with sustainable suppliers and service providers.
- Develop tools and methods to measure and improve sustainability in purchasing.
- Ensure compliance with social and environmental standards and laws by suppliers and service providers.
- Analyze and recommend more sustainable purchasing alternatives.
- Participate in promotional activities and campaigns to raise consumer awareness of sustainable purchasing.
- Participate in meetings and working groups related to sustainable purchasing.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that sustainable purchasing is included in their strategies and action plans.
- Track and identify trends and best practices to improve sustainability in purchasing.
Salary and career development of the Sustainable Purchasing Manager
A Sustainable Procurement Manager is in charge of managing and optimizing sustainable procurement, i.e. procurement that takes into account the sustainable development factor. Salaries depend on many factors, including experience, and vary between 30,000 and 50,000 euros depending on the level of responsibility and the specificities of the position.
Here is an overview of the evolution of the gross annual salary in France according to the experience of a Sustainable Purchasing Manager
- 0 to 2 years: between 30 000 and 40 000 euros
- 2 to 5 years: between 35,000 and 45,000 euros
- 5 to 10 years: between 40,000 and 50,000 euros
- 10 to 15 years: between 45 000 and 55 000 euros
- More than 15 years: between 50,000 and 60,000 euros
Sustainable Purchasing Managers can have several possible jobs in terms of career development:
- Sustainable purchasing director
- Supply chain director
- Sustainable purchasing strategy manager
- Sustainable innovation manager
- Sustainable project management manager.