Roles and missions of the impact manager
The role and tasks of an impact manager are many and varied. As an impact manager, your job is to create and maintain constructive relationships between stakeholders and manage the company's strategic communication. Here are some of the main tasks an impact manager might expect to do:
- Develop and implement communications and public relations strategies to promote the company's products and services.
- Design and execute marketing and communications plans tailored to target markets.
- Ensure that the company communicates in a consistent and professional manner at all levels.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders.
- Listen to and understand stakeholder concerns and expectations.
- Collect data and information on the performance of the company and its products and services.
- Analyze and interpret performance indicators and related data.
- Develop and execute plans based on the results of the analyses.
- Develop and coordinate action plans to improve the company's impact and achieve its goals.
- Analyze strategic issues and trends and develop appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers and marketing executives to implement innovative and profitable strategies.
- Manage and monitor budgets and expenses.
- Develop reports on performance and key indicators.
- Provide strategic, economic and competitive intelligence.
- Liaise with various stakeholders and management.
In short, the work of an impact manager is varied and dynamic. It is a strategic and essential function.
Impact Manager Salary and Career Development
An Impact Manager (IM) is responsible for planning and managing initiatives that have a significant impact on business performance. IM salaries vary by experience and industry, but can generally range from 40,000 to 70,000 Euros. MIs with experience and qualifications can generally achieve higher salaries.
Here is a list of annual gross salaries in France for an MI based on years of experience:
- 0 to 2 years: 40,000 - 50,000 euros
- 2 to 5 years: 55,000 - 65,000 euros
- 5 to 10 years: 60 000 - 75 000 euros
- 10 to 15 years: 70 000 - 80 000 euros
- More than 15 years: 75 000 - 90 000 euros
An MI can also move into other professions, such as:
- Strategy Consultant
- Director of Relationship Management
- Project Manager
- Director of organizational transformation
- Sustainability Consultant