Roles and missions of the decarbonation project manager
The decarbonation project manager is a key position for the energy and climate transition. The main roles and missions that characterize this position are as follows:
- Develop a plan for the transition to a sustainable, low-carbon economy. This may include evaluating existing technologies and identifying innovative solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of stakeholders, including utilities, businesses, organizations, service providers, and citizens.
- Manage budgets and development processes, including technology and software selection and integration, and progress tracking.
- Work with experts to develop and implement low carbon solutions.
- Participate in sustainability and environmental initiatives and inform stakeholders of strategies that support the transition.
- Identify funding sources and develop funding proposals for technical and policy solutions.
- Collaborate with governments, companies, and organizations to develop strategies that encourage emissions reductions and sustainable energy use.
- Ensure regular engagement with stakeholders to inform and motivate them to reduce their emissions and adopt low-carbon technologies.
- Build partnerships, foster cooperation and organize workshops, conferences and seminars to promote low-carbon solutions.
- Manage and coordinate reporting and updates on energy and climate transition progress and results.
Salary and career development of the decarbonation project manager
The salary of a decarbonation project manager varies according to experience and the tasks assumed. Compensation can be salaried, contractual, or commission-based. A decarbonation project manager may also receive bonuses, benefits in kind, such as travel allowances and travel. Here is a list of the evolution of the annual gross salary in France by years of experience for a decarbonation project manager:
- 0 to 2 years: between 40,000 and 50,000€
- 2 to 5 years: between 50.000 and 70.000€.
- 5 to 10 years: between 70.000 and 100.000€.
- 10 to 15 years: between 100.000 and 150.000€.
- More than 15 years : more than 150.000€
A decarbonation project manager has a wide range of jobs available to him/her, in terms of career and prospects. Here are five possibilities:
- Sustainability Manager
- Energy efficiency manager
- Consultant in eco-management
- Environmental communications manager
- Director of decarbonation projects.