Roles and Responsibilities of the Impact Meter
An impact measurer is a professional who helps organizations understand and measure their outcomes and impacts. They work in collaboration with evaluation, research and programming professionals to develop measurement methodologies and monitor the progress and achievements of programs and projects.
The responsibilities and assignments of an impact measurement officer include:
- Develop performance indicators and measurement methodologies for programs and projects;
- Collecting and analyzing data, results, and outcomes of grantees' work;
- Develop reports for donors and stakeholders;
- Produce recommendations for improving program and project performance;
- Participate in meetings and forums related to impact and evaluation;
- Conduct research on the use of evaluation and impact monitoring technologies.
In addition, an impact measurement officer is responsible for designing and implementing evaluation plans and systems for organizations. They oversee and manage research and data collection activities related to evaluation and impact measurement. Finally, they advise and assist program and project managers on issues related to impact and evaluation.
Salary and career development of an impact measurement officer
The salary of an impact measurement officer depends mainly on his/her experience and the company he/she works for. In France, the average gross annual salary is €48,000. Here is a list of gross annual salaries according to years of experience for an impact measurement officer
- 0 to 2 years: between 32 000 and 34 000 €.
- 2 to 5 years: between €39,000 and €43,000
- 5 to 10 years: between 44 000 and 52 000 €.
- 10 to 15 years: between 53 000 and 62 000 €.
- More than 15 years: between 63 000 and 70 000 €.
Impact measurement managers can work in a number of sectors and professions. Here is a list of 5 possible career paths:
- Data analyst
- Impact measurement consultant
- Communications and public relations consultant
- Project manager in project management
- Campaign Director