Roles and missions of the certification officer
The roles and missions of a certification officer are multiple and varied. On the one hand, he/she contributes to the development and implementation of the organization's certification strategy. He/she must define the certification criteria and the processes to be followed to comply with the rules and requirements. He/she also ensures the analysis and verification of the organization's information and documents. He/she also performs internal and external audits, verifying compliance with the requirements and implementing solutions to improve the quality of systems and procedures. In addition to this, the certification officer ensures the implementation of the organization's quality management and control system. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that the organization's certification procedures and policies are followed and implemented.
The following is a list of the main roles and responsibilities of a certification officer:
- Develop and implement the organization's certification strategy;
- Analyze and verify information and documents;
- To carry out internal and external audits;
- Implement the quality management and control system;
- Verify compliance with requirements and regulations;
- Implement solutions to improve quality;
- Ensure compliance with certification procedures and policies.
Salary and career development of a certification officer
The salary of a certification officer is very interesting. It varies according to the years of experience and the experience acquired. Here are the gross annual salary evolutions in France per years of experience for a certification officer:
- 0 to 2 years: about 33 000 €.
- 2 to 5 years : between 35 000 and 40 000 €.
- 5 to 10 years: between 40 000 and 50 000 €.
- 10 to 15 years: between 50 000 and 70 000 €.
- More than 15 years: more than 70 000 €.
The job of certification manager is very interesting and offers many career development opportunities. Here are 5 possible jobs in perspective of career evolution of a certification officer :
- Director of certification.
- Certification consultant.
- Certification expert.
- Quality manager.
- Certification project manager.