As a Carbon Methodology Intern, you will join Welow, a Greenly Spin-off, to support the development of our solutions built for consumers : a Mobile application and APIs. You will make surethat we follow a rigorous methodology to provide the most accurate and transparent insights to our customers and users.
Welow stands out from competition thanks to our products, which automates a part of the carbon analysis and empowers its users. We help consumers reduce their carbon footprint.
As an intern, the Research and Methodology team that focuses on our SaaS platform will coach and support you. You will also work alongside experienced tech and product leads creating new products.
You will join a small team building out future solutions for consumers. Your input will be precious and impactful for the future of our products.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
Build a solid methodological framework and perform studies
- Develop our database of emission factors that are used to link monetary (€) data and product data to emissions (kgCO2-equivalent)
- Build upon reference studies and guidelines to develop specific methodologies to assess the carbon footprint of consumer products and consumption behaviors
- Perform LCAs on our customers’ products and develop associated methodologies to automatize the LCAs on product categories such as furniture, food, and tooling.
- Lead studies for our customers that assess the impact of specific purchases such as : What is the effect of buying an electric car instead of a petrol car in Sweden? What is the effect and is it beneficial to deploy personal solar panels in France?
Handle knowledge-management aspects within the team
- Update Welow’s knowledge base with the latest findings in terms of carbon accounting and climate science
- Disseminate knowledge among the team
Explore new possibilities for a more precise carbon footprint assessment
- Stay up to date with new databases of emission factors that could be integrated into ours - both in France and internationally
- Take part in the evolution of the product and processes
- We are a fast-growing company, therefore this list is not exhaustive. It’s also a unique opportunity to contribute towards the structuration of a new team and to increase your skills quickly accompanied by experienced people.