Are you a doer/changemaker? Do you want to really contribute to a social startup's growth? Would you like to support our international growth and expansion? If that sounds like you, join our team !
Founded in November 2012, DUO for a JOB carries out intergenerational and intercultural mentoring by connecting young people with a migrant background contact with professionals over fifty to advise and support them in their job search.
Through its mission, DUO for a JOB aims to reduce inequalities in access to the labour market, to recognise seniors’ value, to reinforce social cohesion and intergenerational action, and finally to fight racism by recreating social ties and local solidarity.
As of today, the organisation is active in several big cities in Belgium (Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Liège), in France (Paris, Marseille, Lille) and recently landed in the Netherlands (Rotterdam).
The team is composed of 65 employees, and a team of 150 volunteers, in addition to the 1500 mentors. Since its founding, DUO for a JOB has matched over 4000 duos, with a 70% positive outcome for the mentees.
And guess what : the best is yet to come as DUO’s long-term goal is to promote equal opportunities through win-win relationships all around Europe and beyond.
What is it to be a Head of People & Culture at DUO ?
We’re looking for someone to help us grow the team from 65 people to 100+ in the coming 3 years, and propose a unique and meaningful employee experience in all our existing and coming European branches. A 100% hands-on experience, closely accompanied by our CEOs and co-founders, your responsibilities would be the following :
● Develop and implement a strategy to build and embed our culture and values across the organisation
● Manage the recruitment strategy and processes to meet the company's hiring demand in all branches (and countries)
● Develop and ensure delivering of an outstanding onboarding and offboarding experience
● Develop the talent development strategy according to the growth of the organization and work with the management to implement it
● Identify and develop the best digital tools in order to automate as many processes as possible (payslip, holidays management, etc.)
● Provide support, coaching, training and advice to managers and staff on all HR issues
● Develop and implement an integral staff well-being programme
● Ensure compliance with the social laws and regulations of the sector and countries
● Supervise all People administration including employment contracts, payroll, leave tracking and the creation of the related policies
● Identify, develop and implement innovative HR projects in order to improve employee engagement
Given the growth of the project, a high degree of flexibility will be required from the Head of People & Culture, as his or her responsibilities and roles may evolve with the development of the association.
Ideal candidate profile
○ You have a real commitment to the organization’s mission and values
○ You have a strategic vision of the organization
○ You have a professional experience of at least 5 years in this field of activity
○ You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken (Dutch is an asset)
○ You have outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills
○ You have a proven ability to remain objective, discreet and exercise common sense
○ You have a good problem-solving skills and are detail-oriented
○ You have excellent communication skills.
○ You are autonomous
○ You have rapid learning DNA & collaborative mindset
○ You have ideas and are eager to implement them
What DUO for a JOB offers you
● A full-time permanent contract, based in Brussels or Paris with occasional travels abroad (Belgium, France, Netherlands, other)
● A strategic position in the development of a fast growing European social start up
● A competitive compensation package based on experience
● A meaningful job that brings people together and contributes to social cohesion
● A position that combines field work, research and contact with many actors
● A multifaceted project with a high growth in Belgium and abroad
● Starting date: ASAP