Legal Counsel - International Contracts & Corporate Affairs
Based in Paris, France (+ home office)
Full time position, permanent contract
Start: ASAP 2023
PUR is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration. PUR is a B Corp Company which employs over 170 people and a presence in 10 countries.
PUR is seeking a Legal Counsel in France.
As a key member of the Legal team, you will report to the Legal Director and play an active role in strengthening the Group International Legal affairs with the objective to support a strong growth while securing and minimizing the legal risk of operations.
Your key responsibilities include:
LEGAL ADVICE / AGREEMENT DRAFTING
- Ensuring that all agreements (NDA’s, Consultancy Agreements, Sales and Purchase Agreements, Services agreements, Master Services Agreements, Supplier Agreements...) are reviewed and validated prior to execution;
- Advising and supporting Program (Commercial) & Project functions at the time of the deal conclusion, drafting and negotiation of Agreements with Clients and Suppliers;
- Contributing to the definition, revision and development of templates to support the Group business strategy and compliance;
- Preventing litigation risks and following-up on Litigation cases if any;
- Ensuring that all relevant agreements are entered into the legal database;
- Expected results: To ensure that legal risks for all operations are reduced and controlled.
LEGAL ADMINISTRATION / COMPLIANCE
- Corporate Secretary to the Group and its affiliates, in coordination with finance team and external counsels;
- Maintaining Group corporate records;
- Ensure dissemination, implementation and observance of Compliance rules and GDPR;
- Expected results: To ensure that adequate level of compliance to corporate law is observed by all companies of the perimeter.
LEGAL BEST PRACTICES / LEGAL TRAINING
- Ensuring that all collaborators meet a fundamental minimum of legal best practices/guidelines by identifying loopholes and finding remedies;
- Developing trainings for Program (Commercial), Project and Central teams on Legal matters & Compliance;
- Implementing and controlling the observance of group policies, legal guidelines and legal best practices;
- Expected results: To ensure that legal group policies, guidelines and best practices are in place and observed, and that the teams receive proper legal information and training.
M&A / CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT
- Providing legal support to the Legal Director on M&A matters, if any, by assisting in due diligence and reviewing legal documentation.
CULTURE & COMMUNITY
- Support a healthy, fun and effective work environment as part of the PUR Team;
- Participate in internal workshops, seminars & social events to help carry PUR’s strong sense of community;
- Demonstrate your individual character, nature and ideology within the Company and support others to do the same.