Join Provenance as our Business Development Manager!
An exciting and rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing SaaS startup creating systemic change in the world. Provenance is enabling transparency on the social and environmental impact of consumer products, and we’re looking for a great mission-aligned, forward thinking and pro-active Business Development Manager to help us expand our client base in the EU and engage key decision makers within our priority market segments.
We are scaling the business from hundreds of brand and retail customers - to thousands! This means Provenance will be served up to millions of shoppers who want to shop in line with their values. Working with our Commercial Team and reporting directly to our Head of Commercial, you’ll be identifying, evaluating and winning sales opportunities. This will include all aspects of our sales process from researching prospects, building sales decks, writing proposals and pitching to close.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to Provenance’s continued growth by identifying, qualifying, pitching, negotiating and closing new business sales opportunities, particularly within the beauty, personal care and wellness sector
- Manage the building of a pipeline within our target market segments, to accurately to inform forecasting activities, and ensure that we deliver on our sales targets
- Be a critical point of contact for commercial leads generated by our lead gen activities
- Identify best-fit products and services for sale into different prospect types and business sizes
- Negotiate contract terms and fees with new customers
- Identify routes into our target clients and build CxO-level relationships
- Develop strategies for winning and growing our business with major retailers and brands, ensuring we obtain the buy-in of the full decision-making unit
- Participate in events together with the marketing team to create new opportunities.
- Working with the Head of Commercial and the wider business, help to define and deliver on the growth strategy for the business
- Be responsible for the successful seamless transition of clients from new sales to customer success
- Work collaboratively alongside a driven team, dually motivated by building an exciting business and leaving the world a better place than we found it
Why work at Provenance?
A career at Provenance is an opportunity to help tackle some of our greatest global challenges every day.
Provenance powers sustainability claims you can trust. As the global leader in sustainability marketing technology, we help brands and retailers share credible, compelling and fact-checked social and environmental impact information at the point of sale. Provenance’s technology is already increasing conversion rates, brand value and market share for customers including Cult Beauty, Douglas, GANNI, Napolina, Arla and Unilever. Our vision is a world where citizens can make informed buying decisions that positively impact both people and planet.
We’re a small, open and creative team with expertise in marketing, sustainability and technology and a shared goal to drive positive change for people and the planet. We pride ourselves on operating with integrity and making saving the world through system change fun! We really value and do our best to support our fantastic team. We offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Employee share option program (so you can own a share of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times): We are a truly hybrid team, with an office in Kings Cross, London and team members based across the UK and Europe. We are well set up for collaborative remote working as well as fun and productive quarterly in-office team days.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a full day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to your mental and physical health
- Generous parental leave policy for both primary and secondary care-givers
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events
- You will love what you do – waking up every day solving one of the biggest social problems of our generation
- Committed team members with broad experience who share a common passion to build a world class business