Médecins Sans Frontières, an international medical humanitarian association created in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose lives are threatened: mainly in the event of armed conflicts, but also of epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters or exclusion from care. The French section is present in about thirty countries.
Within the framework of our field missions, we are looking for a Construction Manager.
As the Construction Manager, you will be responsible for all construction or remediation projects for the mission. This includes:
- Plan these construction works on the short or medium term in collaboration with the coordination team
- Design the projects and coordinating the necessary studies
- Supervise the progress of the work and ensuring technical, administrative and financial compliance with MSF protocols, plans, budgets and safety standards to ensure that the construction work meets the needs of MSF programs.
1.Plan construction/rehabilitation projects to be performed in the mission. Then, participate in project design and development, while ensuring technical compliance and compliance with local construction practices. This includes:
- Design appropriate reclamations including the planification for necessary financial and human resources;
- Analyze construction plans and project resource requirements (labor, equipment, materials, specifications, budget);
- Determine locally available raw materials (water, soil, wood);
- Plan and coordinate the use of construction equipment and vehicles;
- Negotiate agreements and permits with local authorities to proceed with construction;
- Launching tenders.
2. Supervise and monitor the progress of construction, ensuring that work is carried out according to MSF protocols and project specifications. This function includes the following roles:
- Be the interlocuter for the construction company;
- Ensure that the materials used are the most appropriate (quality control of the work);
- Ensure that the necessary documentation is delivered on time;
- Monitor the budget and inform the supervisor in case of overruns.
- Coordinate construction work related purchase orders, i.e.: Receive and approve purchase orders related to construction work, and ensure that these purchase orders are within budget and the supply chain;
- Prepare purchase orders based on inventory, schedule and progress of work;
- Verify materials in stock and control the warehouse inventory;
- Provide technical support to the buyer for purchases made locally.
3.Participate in the preparation of budgets associated with construction/rehabilitation projects, prepare invoices for payment of work and forecast cash flow for monthly payments.
4.Monitor and report on the progress and technical aspects of the work. Participate in monthly reports as directed (Situation Reports (SitReps), logistics statistics, etc.).
5.Provide safety equipment for construction workers to ensure that all workers meet safety standards.
- Plan and supervise, in close collaboration with the HR Coordinator, the related processes (recruitment, training/orientation, performance evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) for the personnel under your responsibility to ensure that there is both the right number of people and the right amount of knowledge.