The vision: Make Mental and Emotional Wellness simple & accessible - focusing on a too often forgotten population (but yet very vulnerable) : The Young (15-25y)!
🤯 What’s the problem today?
On one hand, the burden of Brain health conditions is growing…
- 1 out of 5 people in the world today experiences a mental disorder in any given year *
- Common disorders (anxiety, depression) will account for a $16 trillion cost to the global economy by 2030 *
- Total estimated burden contributes an added 333 million “lost years” globally (go checkout this unit measure McKinsey Health Institute has developed!) **
On the other hand there is a prevalence of those conditions in the young population:
- +90% of Adolescents (12-17) reporting experiencing depressive episode between 2008 and 2019
- + 81% for Young adults (18-25y) ***
- (VS +16% for the 26+ population)
And on top of of that 75% of diseases develop before the age of 25 (yes, you read right!)
So if you do the maths correctly, addressing the mind health risks specific to Youth is pivotal.
🌎 What we want to do?
- Taking care of ourselves shouldn’t be scary nor complex.
- We believe mental wellness is a ressource and that this ressource can be built and learned (go Prevention!)
- We believe that with a Collective & Playful/light-hearted approach we can make taking care of ourselves much more accessible and smash mental wellness taboos!
✔️ What has been done so far?
- Project on since Oct 2022
- Quantitative and qualitative User research: 200 respondants, 20 people interviewed
- Value proposition validated
- Prototype on the go
😃 Who am I?
- Former Cross-cultural Digital Scale-uper - 34yo
- Also Certified Coach, passionate about psychology and strong believer that it is more than ever vital to invest in our Brain Capital to address the 21st century challenges we face