Under the responsibility of the Head of Advocacy, the EU Advocacy Coordinator will spend 50% of its time managing and coordinating the work of the EU team, in particular:
- Planning and implementing advocacy strategies in relation to GHA’s core areas of work and developing relationships with EU partners and policymakers
- Managing two EU advocacy officers
- Liaising with the Paris office as a focal point on the work of the Brussels office
The rest of the Coordinator’s time will be dedicated to policy and advocacy work on matters linked to EU research and innovation (R&I) and the pandemic preparedness and response agenda. This is one of the most important EU budgets when it comes to global health financing. In particular, the Coordinator will:
- Do research, policy analysis and advocacy on access to health technologies, societal impact of EU research and resources for poverty related diseases as well as emerging issues in relation to pandemic preparedness and digitalisation of health
- Do analysis and reaction to changing EU R&I policies as they arise
- Engage with decision-makers and with civil society partners to feed into relevant discussions.
DIPLOMA AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a similar policy position in an NGO or similar setting
- Masters Degree in public health, political science, social science, communication or international relations
· LOCATION: The position is Brussels-based with occasional travel in Europe and worldwide.
· TERM: full-time position, permanent contract.
· SALARY: between 3250 -3450 monthly gross salary according to experience.
· BENEFITS: Lunch voucher 8€ (60% covered by GHA), Hospital insurance (100% covered by GHA), and home-work public transport.
· START DATE: 1 st of October
Please send your CV and cover letter to Cliquez sur candidater pour accéder aux informations. with the subject line: “EU Advocacy Coordinator *your name*” by 19 th of August 2022