#TF4WOMEN FRANCE PROJECT MANAGER
TECHFUGEES FOR IMPACT
Founded in 2015, Techfugees is an international organization supporting the rights and inclusion of displaced persons through the development of tech solutions designed by, with and for refugees. With an online community of 54K followers and 4,000 active volunteers and partners, Techfugees deploys its projects & programs and events across the five continents.
One of Techfugees’ activities is the #TF4Women Fellowship Program, which accelerates the professional inclusion of refugee women in the tech industry since 2018 in France. The program has contributed to the landing of jobs in tech for 80% of our participants.
ABOUT THE #TF4WOMEN FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME:
The #TF4Women fellowship programme is an annual programme composed of two-phases.
The #TF4Women Pathway is a 3-months programme and is designed for asylum seeking and refugee women looking for an opportunity to discover new horizons on the tech job market in France and develop their digital skills. Through weekly training sessions with professionals in the tech sector, the participants will enrich their professional horizon and develop their decision-making process professionally. The pathway is a real springboard to prepare what lies ahead: the #TF4Women fellowship programme.
The TF4Women fellowship is a 6 months programme and is intended only for refugee women who wish to work in The tech sector, with skills or experiences that are “transferable” in the digital world. Each week, we deliver a unique program that includes: weekly mentoring & technical training sessions, language courses, administrative and job searching assistance, psychosocial support and babysitting solutions, a professional network of tech employers, on top of a personalised support from TechFugees’ team, volunteers and alumni fellows.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Under the supervision of Techfugees's European Scaling Manager, the Local Project Manager will be involved in the launch and delivery of the #TF4Women Pathway and #TF4Women fellowship in Paris, France.
Overall, you will be responsible for the good delivery of the programmes (recruitment, sessions & social events). You will work in close relationship with the European Scaling Manager to keep local partners regularly updated on the programmes results, share progress and participants/fellows’ evolution.
Duties and Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
1- TF4Women Programmes Design
You will be responsible for the design of the project delivery plan & the curriculum tailored to the needs of fellows/participants to find a job in the French tech market, and to the needs of all the stakeholders in the fellowship.
- Support the Calendar & Design Curriculum for 2021 of program,
- Support Marketing & Communication strategy,
- Mentor & Trainer kit
2 - TF4Women Programmes Delivery
You will manage and keep track of the programmes delivery in order to perform and complete programmes sessions and other activities successfully.
- Deliver in person (online or offline weekly sessions) as an MC
- Deliver sessions material in time
- Fellow/Participant Personal kit & Dashboard (GDPR compliant and safe)
3 - Reporting and Documentation
You will be responsible for keeping a diary of session, storing data safely and updating the technical & financial reports.
- Budget up to date
- FInancial reports up to date
- Fellowship/Pathway dashboard up to date every week
- Log book up to date
4 - Manage Relationships
You will be the point of contact of the program locally, responding to questions & requests and connecting potential partners with the team. We expect from you to be professional at all times and incarnate the programme values.
- Listing, mapping and informations on partner lists up to date
- Keep all participants informed in time (Fellows, Participants, mentors, trainers,...)
- Establish a relationship with each Fellow in order to make them feel listened
- Regular catch up calls with European Scaling Manager
- Share Techfugees’ values: feeling concerned by the challenges faced by displaced
- persons across the world but not desiring to save the world! Only to contribute and hold a safe space for people that were not lucky by birth and nationality;
- Having previous experience(s) in a comparable role (event organising and managing various participants expectations being something you are familiar with);
- Being very organised in a digital environment (a great use of Trello & Slack and spreadsheets as well as shared documents);
- Ease and professionalism in relationships with fellows, mentors & partners;
- Analytical mind, that’s capable of making a synthesis of information and make strategic decisions;
- Great oral presentation;
- A great attention to details;
- A great sense of humour;
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Proficient in written and spoken English ( Arabic is also very nice to have );
- Being autonomous and focused on results!
- Being patient and a good listener
HOW TO APPLY ?
- Deadline for receiving applications is 8th of January 2021;
- Freelance contract ; Package of 22,500 Euros for a 9-month mission
- Starting asap;
- Based in Paris, France;
- Remote work based - with options to work from a co-working space in Paris and starting Février 2021 at the new Raiselab coworking space ;
- Please note that this position is only open to applicants who have European citizenship or other legal authorization to work in France.
Send us your CV and a motivation letter of 3 paragraphs maximum before the 8th of January at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: “Applying to #TF4Women France Project Manager”.