The current Colette’s activity is twofold:
- it helps students and young active people access better and affordable housing by house-sharing with seniors who have spare rooms;
- it brings seniors together around high-quality online and offline activities.
Referring to intergenerational house-sharing, we want to further develop this virtuous practice. With that objective in mind, we are determined to move forward and take up an enormous challenge: #ZeroEmptyRooms. No rooms should stay empty in big cities where housing affordability has become such a problem for young people.
Besides, it’s becoming increasingly important to provide answers to the challenge of longevity. Indeed, 10 years from now, 20 million French people will be over 60-years old, that is 30% of the total population of France. Moreover, most of them (85%) wish to age at home. It is then part of our mission to help them live longer and better at home! To do so, the conditions are critical: there’s no way to let them age alone while we know that loneliness has the same negative impact on health as smoking 15 cigarettes ****a day.
Today, we must bring young people and seniors together and strengthen social ties so that, on the one hand, young people can access housing and, on the other hand, seniors can live longer and decently at home.
Regarding the activities, we aim at becoming the largest club of activities dedicated to seniors while providing content whose sole objective is to improve their quality of life: health, loneliness, fulfillment, financial autonomy, …
At Colette, we believe that the success of our mission is based on two cornerstones:
- The trust and confidence we generate amongst our members;
- The quality of the Colette community.
So far, we’ve validated the following:
- We know how to attract and retain hosts that are willing to rent their spare rooms on Colette;
- We’re able to meet the demand of young people looking for housing;
- We know how to match these people in the best possible way;
- Our active members rate our house-sharing service 4.5/5;
- We know how to attract and retain members of the club of activities.
Tomorrow, we want to:
- Build and grow a trusted community (online and offline);
- Provide the best intergenerational house-sharing experience in the world;
- Increase tenfold the house-sharing pairs we create each month;
- Become the largest club of activities dedicated to seniors.
Therefore, we’re looking for an outstanding new team member as keen and enthusiastic as we are and ready to take up this challenge!