Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We have created an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), and we are building gigafactories in Hauts de France, Germany and Italy.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all.
Overall job functions:
As part of the development of EV battery cells & modules, within the ACC product development teams, contribute on all aspects of validation in order to:
- guarantee the ability of products to be compliant with both customer and ACC requirements : ageing, derating, reliability at MOL8, performance, safety...
- develop and validate methods of evaluation and validation of the product validation-activities according to customer project milestones and validation strategy.
As the Technical Validation Engineer you wll be responsible to define and deliver the technical activities which are assigned to you.
- You will ensure that one or multiple requirements at met as defined in the compliance matrix owned by the Systems team
- You will generate a validation plan for the requirements in your remit, working closely with the relevant technical experts (Chemistry, Mechanics, Simulation) and support the V&V leader to integrate this into the master plan (planning, milestone events, allocation of DUTs and Test slots) as well as the Systems team (requirements, validation criteria, evidence levels)
- You will participate in the Failure Mode and Mechanism analysis for the products with the aim to identify the associated risk of a require and to determine a comprehensive validation plan.
You will deliver the validation plan and then document and report out the evidence.
- You will issue the Test Request to the internal test lab, creating them in PLM and linking them to the relevant requirements. You will create and link the Validation Plan to the Test Request, collating all the tests required to validate the requirements under your charge.
- You will draft all the Test Procedures ensuring that they comply to the standards/constraints of the project, simulation and the Test Lab: capacity, capability, expected results, success criteria…
- You will ensure that your tests are conducted correctly and report out on behalf of the Test Lab, ensuring clear communication to the V&V leader.
- You will analyse test result and issue a summary report of findings (Design Validation Report / DVR) and track the status of the validation plan.
- You will issue the necessary simulation requests to support the validation of your requirements.
- You will collect and correlate the simulation results with physical test results.
- You will capture lessons learnt throughout the project and propose improvements to prevent recurrence.
You will be the interface between the Systems team and the V&V Leader:
- You will be the technical reference for your domain and you will lead the testing justification, analysis and comprehension of results with support from the Systems team and the V&V Leader.
- You will initiate the PRs (Problem Reports) and escalate them to the V&V Leader accompanied by a 1st level analysis to enable the responsible teams to be identified (mechanical, process…)
- You will report out a regular requirement validation status as well as any blockers impacting the product specification.
- You will follow the product specification development as well as the associated validation plans led by the engineering team and provide support where required.