We are hiring a Program Coordinator!
Mobilizing Activists around the Medical Abortion Network (MAMAnetwork.org) is a Network seeking to expand access to safe Medical Abortion. The MAMA Network is a collaboration of grassroots activists and feminist groups based in Sub- Saharan Africa.
Currently MAMA is coordinated by leadership from Women Help Women, TICAH in Kenya, and GIWYN in Nigeria. MAMA membership is currently 37 groups in 17 African countries, with plans to expand in the next three years to at least 5 additional countries. MAMA is a regional movement of activists working to share evidence-based and stigma- free information about self-managed medical abortion and sexual and reproductive health and rights directly with women at the community level.
We are a group of international activist and non-profit organizations working on access to abortion. We are feminist activists, trained counsellors and researchers based across the African continents who have a strong focus on supporting self-managed abortion, especially in places where abortion is restricted by laws, stigma, and lack of access. MAMA strategies include (a) Hotlines that provides information (b) Community outreach programs (c ) Pharmacy strategies (d) Advocacy for decriminalisation of abortion and (e) partnerships with feminist groups around the world to support increased access to abortion pills.
About the role:
We operate in a complex and unique setup with lots of moving pieces. Such include; executing diverse programs and initiatives, multiple grants, and dozens of partners across Sub Saharan Africa. To continue delivering impact and accelerating the growth of the MAMA Network, we need a strong coordinator to oversee the coordination of all processes needed for the smooth, efficient, and effective functioning of the network. The Program Coordinator will maintain an oversight of all our strategic initiatives and work-plans, create and implement systems that ensure we are on track in delivering our promise to our partners and our funders.
The individual will work with (and report to) the Network Manager for Africa - at TICAH who is responsible for the strategic programmatic oversight and strategic development of the programmes and projects in the region, and with team members of the MAMA coordination team and MAMA staff and members. Working hours are during East Africa time
● Facilitate the co-development of programs and multi-year strategic plans with partners (for a list of partner countries, see mamanetwork.org)
● Lead the network coordinators in work plans creation. Provide guidance and structure as well as ensure timely planning.
● Oversee all MAMA activities implementation and create a tracking and evaluation system to ensure we are on track in delivering our deliverables to our members and the donors. requirements
● Responsible for the development of work plans and agreements, task allocation and monitoring outputs vs indicators as well as the provision of feedback to the MAMA Network partners.
● Constantly keep the coordinators informed and in check regarding the progress of their deliverables.
● Plan and lead all day-to-day program activities such as scheduling and leading meetings, keeping track of meeting notes and agreements, and following up to ensure execution.
● Coordinate hotline mentors to ensure the partners receive the support they need when they need it most.
● Act upon all arising matters in support of the network and the execution team on a day-day basis.
● Act as the focal point for all social media activities for the MAMA Network. Ensure we have a social media plan that actively represents our work and mission while reaching the relevant audience. Coordinate activities such as content sourcing and creation and online engagements with relevant individuals in the team
● Ensure our social media is actively representing our work and mission while reaching the relevant audience
● Responsible for all communication for all logistics regarding the MAMA Network activities. For instance, webinar and events communication; drafting messages, sending them out, tracking participants’ confirmation, and ensuring relevant follow-up is done.
● As required take part in documents translation for the Francophone countries.
● Webinar replication - Attend English run webinars to learn, synthesize and later replicate the very same content to French partners at a later date/time.
Pharmacist Program Lead
● Coordinate pharmacists mentors to ensure mentoring sessions are scheduled, conducted on a timely basis and evaluated.
● Recruit French partners interested in working on MAMA pharmacists strategy.
● Oversee and conduct peer learning and education mentoring sessions to facilitate knowledge and best case practices sharing.
● Partners working with Pharmacists
● Manage communication to and from partners and mentors.
Monitoring & Evaluation
● In partnership with our lead MnE expert oversee that we establish a replicable process of defining the successes, monitoring and evaluation schemes and metrics across all grants.
● Lead in data collection of outputs and outcomes, interpretation of analysis and feeding the learnings from partner programs and projects into our strategies.
Finances & Grant Making
● Building and monitoring program budgets - Support in sub-granting processes. Such activities include; receipts follow up, budget tracking and other roles in collaboration with the finance assistant.
● Oversee all our processes during sub-granting to ensure a smooth and efficient process
● Assist in grant-writing and reporting to secure resources for the Network.
● Anticipate, plan and track all donor reporting activities ensuring timeliness and accuracy. Create internal deadlines and mobilize the team way ahead of time to ensure timely reporting
Profile of the ideal candidate
● You are a feminist with a strong passion for sexual and reproductive health rights and believe that women are free to make their own choices in SRHR. You have an open-mind and curiosity in matters of reproductive health
● Strong organizational and coordination skills with proven ability to keep things moving smoothly and efficiently in complex setups
● Past experience overseeing workplan activities
● You have a high level of self-initiative and confidence which enables you to navigate complex work setups successfully
● You had lived in Africa and conversed with the various challenges and realities on SRHR matters.
● You are fluent in French & English
● You are a strong communicator who is able to clearly articulate your thoughts in a compelling manner
● You have minimum exposure to using monitoring and evaluation tools to collect data and are capable of analyzing the outcomes to make decisions that influence program development
● You have proven ability to work independently and remotely with a multicultural team based in different countries
● A good understanding of budgeting (planning, tracking and analysis) and can interpret basic financial reports and give recommendations that influence decision making processes. Is also proficient in using Microsoft excel
● You’ve been exposed to grant making processes - including analysing and providing feedback on organizations proposals
● You are an analytical and logical thinker able to interpret information and make sound judgement calls independently
● It’s an added advantage if you have previous experience building grassroot networks using horizontal organizing approaches.
Why work with us
● Become part of a skilled multinational feminist team that values power-sharing, strong team building, and feminist activism
● Collaborate on cutting edge strategies to put abortion and contraception access directly into hands of those in need, in collaboration with feminist activists across Africa.
● The MAMA Network is well established and you can be part of our exciting future.
Other information and how to apply
This is a remote working role. The ideal candidate is based anywhere in Africa.
Submit your application by filling the form under this http://bit.ly/MAMAJD
Recruitment is carried out in collaboration with edge. All communication regarding this role will come from email@example.com