PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, offsetting, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet is a mission company and B Corp which employs over 80 people in 14 countries and 9 legal entities around the world.
PUR Projet is recruiting a Program Officer for the Food & Beverage Business Unit
PUR Projet is looking for a Program Officer with a first successful experience in the field of climate corporate strategies and/or supply chains in consulting firms or the sustainability departments of Food & Beverages companies, to support its developments related to the coffee sector.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting the Program Manager, in the day-to-day program management: manage relationships with customers on multi-topics, be proactive in designing programs in coordination with the Project team, monitor budget & report on activities and progress, participate in the negotiation of contracts and new budgets
- Supporting customers in the commercial activation of their program and the development of communication tools, in coordination with PUR’s Communication and Marketing team, and advise on Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks
- Business development: supply chain and market mapping of opportunities and developing proposals for customers
As a member of the Food & Beverage team, you will also contribute to the design and implementation of the business development strategy of the business unit.
You have demonstrated strong commercial and project management skills, you are passionate about ecosystem protection and social issues, and you want to have a strong impact, this position is for you!
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Master’s Degree in Business/Engineering/Social Sciences/Development. A degree in Sustainability is a strong plus.
• Successful 1 to 2 years work experience in the development, sales or management of sustainable projects with corporate clients, ideally in coffee or other food commodity (cocoa, palm oil, vanilla...).
• Any experience related to carbon, climate, agroforestry, social and environmental policy, business development, consultant or account manager in B2B sector and corporate social responsibility will be seen as an asset, as well as an experience in a tropical country
• Strong desire to commit and dedicate his/her energy to restoring and protecting natural ecosystems and supporting sustainable livelihoods of smallholder farmer communities.
• “Intrapreneurship” spirit, autonomous, dynamic, rigorous, excellent writing skills, strong ability to analyze and synthesize findings.
• Professional fluency in French and English. Spanish would be an asset.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.