makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues. We help different stakeholders unlock their potential to create a positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices.
In 10 years, we have supported 6,000 entrepreneurs, 250,000 citizens and 200 organizations.
makesense is developed by a team of 80+ people in 8 offices around the world: Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan.
> At MakeSense, we have been building since 2010 a team of talented people who are passionate about social innovation, citizen engagement, systemic change and who wish to use their skills to solve the most pressing challenges of our society. `
**Who we are ?**
makesense is a rapidly growing community of citizens, social innovations, and forward-thinking organizations building local solutions for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to inspire and empower all these actors to build an inclusive and sustainable society together. We experiment on a daily basis new organizational models that put responsibility, autonomy, and benevolence at the heart of our interactions. Impact is the fuel of all our actions. We love to learn and share, everywhere and all the time. Like our community, all the challenges we identify turn into solutions built collectively.
Our concrete expertises :
-**INSPIRE** : we inspire citizens about social innovation and collective action to solve our society’s issues
-**ENGAGE** : we engage citizens to take action and support multiple projects using their skills, creativity and networks. We train them to be agents of change and take part in building the solutions
-**ACCELERATE** : we support entrepreneurs and organizations create entrepreneurial and collaborative projects and accelerate their projects-development and impact
- **COLLABORATE** : as we need everyone to overcome the challenges, we make all local actors collaborate to generate a collective impact
**And in the Philippines?**
We have been active in the Philippines for more than 5 years now. Our beautiful team has been supporting the development of more than 100 impact organizations that provide concrete support to more than 150,000 people every day. Moreover, one of our key mojos is to encourage and help the Asia youth volunteer and advocate for the causes they matter for. So far, we were able to engage more than 5,000 people in 13 countries in Asia with our youth leadership programs.
Some of our partners we worked with in Asia are UNDP, WWF, Citi Foundation, Ashoka, ADB, Asia Foundation, Sanofi, Decathlon, Cisco, Asian Institute of Management, The French Embassy, AIESEC, etc...
Currently the team is composed of 10 incredible talents: 8 Filipinos and 2 French people who are running the following programs:
- MKS Studio: The Asia content creation branch of makesense which has for mission to provide inspiring and educational contents such as podcasts, videos, articles etc... to encourage a monthly audience of more than 150,000 young individuals every month to join the impact movement
- MKS school: a training program initiating people to be part of the ecological and social transition
- Re_Action: an online program born out of the Covid-19 crisis enabling anyone to volunteer from home and help local communities get back on track (post lockdown) by providing access to basic services
- MKS Incubation: a program supporting the creation of social startups in the Philippines and the collaboration between these brand new startups and the local ecosystem of NGOs, corporates and institutions engaged on similar causes to answer the lack of existing solutions fighting inequalities and climate change
As Makesense Philippines Head of development, your role will be very transversal:
- support and strategise the fundraising efforts,
- Support the team translate operationally the vision and local strategy,
- and finally, take care of the legal and admin processes of the hub.
To carry out well your responsibilities, you will work hand in hand with Léa, Asia Director of Makesense.
Your mission :
> Governance and strategy of the hub (20%)
- Lead strategic discussions to continuously improve the vision and strategy of the hub towards more systemic change and impact in collaboration with the Board of trustees, Makesense international development team (based in France), the Asia Director and the Philippines Head of fundraising.
- Ensure the positioning of the organization as a leader and catalyst for social innovation, collaboration, and citizen engagement
- Strengthen the relationships with the makesense network of corporates, institutions and NGOs based in The Philippines and other countries in Asia
- Support the development of Makesense activities in other countries in Asia
> Fundraising (50%)
- Ensure the economic sustainability of the organization by developing new strategic alliances and sale of new projects with local players and international ones
- Co-create & conduct Makesense Philippines’s funding strategy meaning identifying prospecting, soliciting and stewarding corporates, institutional and individuals donor
> Support the operational team (15%)
- Co-design and help the operational team improve makesense Asia programs & projects bringing to the ground our vision
- Ensure qualitative delivery of the operational team of our programs & fields projects
- Manage the relationship with our funding partners to ensure good collaboration on the ground
> Admin and finances (15%)
- Ensure a fruitful legal, financial and administrative development of MakeSense Philippines by managing the finances and monthly transactions of the hub
- Manage the relationship with our partner accounting and law firm
- Coordinate salary payments and payrolls with Makesense HR
You are a natural leader and have a solid experience of over five years in Asia (the Philippines is a plus) working as a leader of an international NGO, social enterprise, or multilateral institution.
- You're autonomous and can easily report and synchronize with others
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours. Lots of events might happen in the evenings or weekends
- You are a team leader and are good at working in a collective setup,
- You have good teamwork and interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively in a team setting, including a distributed team and online collaborations
- You are used to working in a multicultural environment and manage individuals who don’t have the same culture than you
- Leading major decisions and a team towards a common goal excites you
- Being responsible for the growth of an organization is what motivates you in life
- Multitasking is a 2nd nature for you
- You are looking at taking ownership of an impactful project and are ready to commit for at least the next 3 years
- You are rigorous and can easily work in complex environments
- You are an expert in social innovation, design thinking, and agile methods
- You have a good understanding of systemic change and collective action theories
- You speak fluently English (Tagalog and/or French is a ++)
- You already managed budgets of more than 200,000 USD
- You are comfortable talking in public and collaborating with top directors of multinational institutions
- You have good experience in fundraising and seeking for the money excite you
- You are super excited to live in the most dense city in the world: Manila
Recruitment process - apply before Sept 30!
- Send to Léa (firstname.lastname@example.org) a CV and a video explaining why you would like to work with makesense and why you are a good candidate
- Case study submission (three hours of development)
- Three interview committees
1. Interview with Makesense Asia Director
2. Interview with our Philippines HR Manager and Head of strategic partnerships
3. Interview with a makesense co-founder in France
4. Request for references