Are you looking for a fulfilling professional experience that challenges you? Would you like to work in a social, ambitious and fast moving startup making a difference? SPEAK is a social tech startup that connects migrants, refugees and locals through a language and culture exchange program and events - helping them feel integrated in the city where they moved to. It breaks barriers, promotes multilingualism, equality and democratizes language learning. We’re looking for someone to help us shape the future of SPEAK.
You were born to solve challenges and you love helping others! You are creative and love to implement new strategies. You take informed decisions and you are data driven. You know it is important to close the loop with the impact of the initiatives you lead. You have good communication skills, you are positive and energetic You want to learn and grow in an environment that will give your room and freedom to try new things in an independent manner. You do what needs to be done and try to get the best out of every situation -- you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals.
Job description - what you will get to do:
- Lead the development of marketing plans and other growth initiatives focused on new user acquisition across multiple channels with the goal of doubling our user base YoY. Reduce our cost per acquisition (CPA), and improve our conversion rates;
- Partner with our Operations team to improve our retention rate of customers and increase the number of participants who attend two or more language groups in one year;
- Lead SPEAK’s B2B strategy by uncovering and managing selling opportunities to companies by developing relationships with HR and CSR Directors and understanding well SPEAK’s value proposition;
- Develop strategies to grow SPEAK’s community of buddies and participants in organic cities and support SPEAK Founders in implementing strategies in their cities;
- Identify new creative ways to leverage SPEAK on an national and international level;
- Drive customer engagement and increase brand affinity.
Main requirements - you should:
- Have a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, Management or similar;
- Minimum three years of proven experience in marketing positions;
- Be able to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment;
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself with the support from the team and not afraid to experience new things;
- Be creative, able to write compelling headlines and storytelling in order to connect to users emotionally;
- Have an analytical mind, using data to improve actions and future strategies;
- Problem-solving skills, business judgment, strategic and analytical capabilities;
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work;
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. Portuguese, and other languages are a nice to have!
- Team-work skills and experience to bring together diverse views and communicate/collaborate effectively;
- Willingness to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment and disposition to take on multiple responsibilities and deadlines where prioritization is key
- Passionate about the three social S’s: social entrepreneurship, social innovation and social impact;
- Have a good sense of humor - and we are not even joking.
What else do you need to know?
- You will report to our CEO;
- You must be available to work 40 hours a week.