Position and Our Company
Our team is looking to hire an experienced engineer to work in our team on the design, automation and installation of several projects.
VE Technologies GmbH is a newly founded start-up in Berlin which builds on the success of London based ALP Technologies, an engineering renewable energy start-up that was awarded several research and development grants for its innovative technologies. Currently, our company is designing, prototyping and testing a state-of-the-art li-ion battery storage system. Our other revenue generation business unit will include engineering services for clients, including start ups and large businesses.
The position will include an initial 4-month placement at ALP Technologies' main office in London, followed by a full-time position in Berlin.
Skill Requirements Essential/Desirable
Mechanical engineering background. Keen interest in Electronics, Mechanical design and experience in relevant industry E
1. Good mechanical and electrical aptitude and knowledge E
2. Knowledge of electronic and mechanical equipment E
3. Excellent problem solving and time management skills E
4. Proficient in 3D CAD modelling E
5. Hand on experience with electronics (wiring, soldering, etc.) E
6. Advanced English and German language skills E
7. Knowledge in microcontrollers and control systems D
8. Programming language: C or related software D
9. PCB design and knowledge of PCB manufacturing D
1. Hard-working – Start-up work ethic is a must!
2. Take personal responsibility – self-initiative mind-set and a desire to learn
3. Communicative and team mentality – both traits are important and complimentary in project team environment
4. Organisational skill/Pro-activity – prioritisation skill with the ability to act in advance, plan ahead and carry out duties in a forward-thinking manner
5. Attention to details – Must have mentality to check, re-check work and with a mind-set towards risks identification and mitigation
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .