Looking for a meaningful job? Dreaming about integrating a team of passionate people? Seeking to tackle one of the biggest environmental issues of our time? This position is made for you!
TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®. Operating in 21 countries (including 12 in Europe), TerraCycle is an innovative recycling company that has become a global leader in recycling typically hard-to-recycle waste from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts. TerraCycle partners with the world’s largest consumer brands and retailers (including BIC, L’Oréal, P&G, Mars, JDE, Carrefour…) to create new collection and recycling schemes for anything that would otherwise be sent to incineration or landfill. TerraCycle also works with large waste management companies, governments and consumers to develop joint innovative solutions. More information: www.terracycle.eu
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving the growth of TerraCycle in the French market and will manage a growing team of 2 Business Development Associates. The Business Development Manager will join a team of 10 Business Development Managers and Associates, and report to the Head of Business Development of TerraCycle Europe. This is a unique role for a resourceful, driven individual looking for an exceptional opportunity in the sustainability field.
Closing deals with new clients, driving significant revenue & profit growth
- Driving the sales process and negotiations up until signature of contract
- Working on complex and European deals with support from Head of BD and Global teams
- Representing and promoting TerraCycle at external events and workshops
- Researching on potential new opportunities, sales avenues and targets for the French market
Managing a team of Business Development Associates on the French market
- Supporting BD Associates in the sales process
- Defining the team’s strategy and areas of focus with Head of BD
- Recruiting, onboarding and training new BD Associates
- Creating KPIs, leading Performance Reviews and ensuring growth of the BD associates
Contributing to the growth of the Business Development team
- Benchmarking, learning and sharing learning with team on: business intelligence, recycling, FMCG industry, zero waste initiatives
- Reporting to Head of BD on results, progress, KPIs
- Contributing to building new processes for the BD team, especially on the French market
- Fluent in both French and English with exceptional verbal and written communication skill
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a sales role with a great understanding of sales processes
- 1 to 2 years of managerial experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- A demonstrated interest and knowledge in the recycling sector and/or sustainability would be beneficial
- Proactive and solution-focused
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment and juggle multiple responsibilities amidst shifting deadlines and priorities
- High energy team player
- Ability to manage complexity
- A degree in an appropriate field (business, management, marketing…) or equivalent work experience is desired
- Ability to speak another European language is preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Annual bonus based on sales results
- 25 Paid Holiday Days
- 2 Volunteering Days
- Quarterly Team Building
- On-site Yoga and activities
- Company Pension contribution up to 3% of salary
- Casual and friendly work environment full of upcycled furniture and décor
The position is based in Perivale, West London.
Please send a short cover letter (a couple of paragraphs) and resume when applying. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Job description is not all inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment.