An opportunity with flexible commitment, only a few hours a month!
Find out more about this volunteering opportunity below and apply here.
If interested in gender-related issues, leadership and gaining exposure to influential women throughout Europe, this opportunity might well be for you!
We are currently looking for communications volunteers to support our team in conducting interviews of the members of our network, as well as the participants of our Women Talent Pool program.
You will meet women working for Orange, Microsoft, Lenovo, the European Union, Capgemini, INSEAD and many more interesting organizations from both the public and private sectors.
You will also be granted the possibility of attending events based in Paris centred around our core themes: sustainable development, digital transformation, female leadership, gender equality, blockchain, EU & international politics and women in STEM, just to name a few!
The European Network for Women in Leadership (WIL) is a unique association committed to the promotion and advancement of the professional and social interests of women in leadership positions across Europe.
Since 2010, WIL Europe has been acting as a platform where more than 300 senior level women can meet and exchange, network, enlarge their horizons, and identify opportunities and ideas that are not readily available in their current social and professional environments.
We achieve our mission through international and local events, peer networking, core social and economic debates with key political and business leaders, and via our online website and newsletter.
In 2012, WIL Europe launched its Women Talent Pool program (WTP), a 12-month cycle program that aims to support high potential women to become tier 1 leaders by offering them a range of online and offline learning and networking opportunities. The 5th edition started October 2019 and will run until October 2020. The kick-off event took place in Barcelona on October 11th.
As Communications Volunteer, you will have a great challenge to support our team in conducting interviews (face to face and by phone) with the members of our network, as well as with the participants of our Women Talent Pool program.
Our interviews are published on our website (www.wileurope.org), Newsletter and social media (Twitter and LinkedIn) and usually focus on our members’ professional background, current position, and vision of female leadership.
In addition, if you wish to, you will also be welcomed to brainstorm with the team on the creation of a new platform for our interviews (e.g. a WordPress blog).
- Research on the interviewee and prepare relevant questions, with the help of our Communications Intern and General Manager
- Conduct interviews (face-to-face or via phone) – between 1 and 2 per month
- Transcript interviews and edit text if necessary
- Choose a few quotes from the interview and prepare social media banner
- Send the transcription to the interviewee for approval
- Prepare publication content for social media and Newsletter
- Studies in communication, public affairs, or a relevant field
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent writing skills
- Based in Paris
- Good level of exposure to a network of high-level women from different EU countries
- Opportunity to discover exciting career paths and advice through the interviewees’ testimonials
- Possibility to attend our Paris based events for free
- Gain professional experience in communications
If you wish to apply for this position, simply fill out this form. You will also be asked to attach your CV, cover letter, and a writing sample in English (e.g. brochure, article, social media content...). Applications without these documents will not be taken into consideration.
Time commitment: an average of six hours per interview, between one to two interviews per month
Starting date: as soon as possible
Thank you for your time and effort!