After a fruitful year in 2019, makesense Philippines is consolidating its team in order to prepare the existing projects coming up for 2020.
In September 2018, makesense Philippines launched the Makesense Academy: a hands-on, customised Incubation Program to support early-stage social entrepreneurs in the Philippines in the development of their social venture.
To consolidate our efforts and growth, we are looking for a creative and passionate individuaI to join us as Senior Incubation Program Manager to keep on improving the quality, scale and impact of our programs supporting social entrepreneurs.
1) Design and develop makesense Academy, makesense Philippines’ Incubation Program.
Run a National Call for Projects in order to source the most innovative social impact projects who could benefit from the incubation program.
Connect and onboard mentors and experts of the ecosystem to help the entrepreneurs enrolled in our program.
Continuously improve the curriculum and format of the Program in order to fit the entrepreneurs’ needs.
2) Lead and operate the Incubation Program on a daily basis.
Coordinate the support provided by the different partner-mentors with the incubated social entrepreneurs.
Lead weekly operational meetings and monthly strategic follow-ups for each incubated social startups.
Coordinate, organize and roll out qualitative training sessions with industry experts fitting the entrepreneur’s needs.
Create a batch spirit and a strong sense of belonging to makesense entrepreneurs family.
Promote Incubated social entrepreneurs through open-to-all event, and media releases.
3) Build tools & methodologies to always adapt our support to the evolving needs of the entrepreneurs.
Benchmark innovative tools and methodologies that could support our entrepreneurs.
Build, improve, and test new design thinking and lean startup tools and methodologies.
Coordinate with the global makesense incubation team to enable everybody to benefit from your creations, and support the improvement of our methodologies internationally
4) Coordinate short-term incubation programs (occasionally).
Support the Idea-stage Program Manager in the design and facilitation of Hackathons, Bootcamps and other short-term incubation formats.
Facilitate short term programs with our local and international partners.
5) Leadership and transversal role.
Work on and lead vertical subjects in connection with the team and your program.
Support your teammates in their capacity building when making sure they reach their goals and accomplishments.
Get involved in structuring transversal projects for the organisation (communication, HR, operations, etc.)
Is this job for you? Well, let’s see!
More than any specific skills, we are most of all looking for an individual passionate about and who believes in the power of innovation, collective intelligence and social entrepreneurship! However, there are other skills and qualities that we believe would make an extremely strong candidate and that we’ll be looking for:
- You love helping social entrepreneurs and are ready to put all your energy in the development of social startups.
- You master the topic of lean startup and design thinking methodologies. You have at least 3 years of experience managing complex projects involving different kinds of players such as corporates, public and international institutions, NGOs, startups and many more.
- You are both fluent in English, any other language is an asset (especially Filipino languages).
- You have strong organisational skills, lots of autonomy, and an ability to work in an international team with a multicultural context.
- You have the soul of a leader. Your teammates and friends can easily rely on you.
- You don’t mind working with flexible hours: events happen in the evening or weekends, but on the flipside, you will be free to organize your schedule in a very independent, though responsible, way.
What would make you an outstanding candidate:
● You already have a consistent and successful track record working in an intrapreneurship program, a design studio/agency, an accelerator/incubator, a training institute, as a startup founder or any other organisation in the field of innovation/impact.
● You are very comfortable with public speaking. Workshop facilitation is no secret to you.
● You have a strong sense of empathy and you are often praised for your interpersonal skills.
● You are level-headed when facing complex situations and are used to solve challenges efficiently.
● You are confident and convincing. There is no challenge that is too big for you.
● You are always willing to learn more; for you, giving and receiving feedback is key building healthy teams.
● You have experience managing a team and teaching people new tools and methodologies
● You are a good communicator: you know how to network (online and offline) and use social media to showcase your achievements