Chief Executive Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company. You will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
To thrive as a CEO you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. They will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in perspective.
The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
Typical CEO responsibilities include:
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Have a close follow-up on compliance and budget related key topics with Director of Administration as all products changes in coordination with Technical & After Sales Director.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Ensure a regular qualitative reporting to the Head Offices when required in a timely manner
- Represents the Company in external committees (partners, main suppliers, auditor, administration).
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the company
- Lead and participate in fundraising plans for the overall Company
- Proven successful experience as CEO or in other managerial position
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, not afraid to take initiatives or make proposals and then see them through to completion
- Performance driven leader with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles.
- Demonstrates dominance of P&L and Budget follow-up.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- Ability to manage people in a multicultural environment, and is eager to discover new cultures and ways of working.
- Good adaptability and pragmatism while facing complex situation inherent of the Tanzanian environment.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and passionate about developing world projects and social business.
- Understanding of Solar Home System / Pay-As-You-Go industry, with previous experience in the sector greatly appreciated.
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills required
- Familiarity with Microlending and industry(ies) management is a plus.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Has native/fluent proficiency in English. Notions of Swahili is a plus.
- Education: have a master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or any other related business field.