Makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues.
We help different stakeholders to unlock their potential to create positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices. In 7 years, we have supported 2,800 entrepreneurs, 35,000 citizens and 100 organizations. Makesense is developed by a team of 70+ people in 8 offices around the world: Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan.
In the Philippines, makesense has been existing for 5 years. Thanks to our community of 50 volunteers in 6 cities of the Philippines and our fulltime team based in Manila, we engaged in real life 3,000 people in social innovation activities, supported the creation of 50 social enterprises and accelerated the launching of 6 social enterprises. In September 2018, makesense have opened the first Asian makesense incubation program!
To develop our community activities and enable more Filipinos to learn about social innovation, we are looking for an enthusiastic service civique to lead the social innovation events of the makesense Philippines hub. So if you are looking for a meaningful paid-volunteering opportunity! If you want to join a young and dynamic international team and support the launching of social enterprises! If you want to contribute for a better Philippines? READ ON!
> As a social innovation program manager, your mission will be to:
*Support the creation of social startups*
* Help the Accelerator manager provide the right support to the social entrepreneurs incubated by makesense
* Organize events and trainings for people interested about social entrepreneurship
* Organize workshops to support the creation of social enterprises in Manila and outside the city
* Support organizations to get involved in social innovation *
* Train organizations and corporates to makesense methodologies
* Organize social innovation workshops for employees of companies
*Support the development of makesense in The Philippines*
* organize advocacy events in Manila and outside of the metro
*Facilitate the first free coworking space dedicated to social impact projects in Manila
*Participate and co-organize with the makesense full time members internal trainings and activities
& more than any specific skills, we are most of all looking for an individual passionate about power of citizen engagement, social entrepreneurship and design thinking! But here are some skills that may help you in your project:
- Fluent in English (the working language of MakeSense Philippines is english
- You love learning and are excited to test, share, and learn constantly
- Managing a project or organizing an event is like second nature for you
- You are organized and detail-oriented
- You are not afraid to talk in front diverse and important audiences
- You're autonomous but can easily report and synchronize with others
- You are comfortable to work with an international, multi-cultural team