To apply, please go on our website here: http://jobs.seedstars.com/apply/lGTydnd7mn/Event-Coordinator-CEE-Central-Asia?source=Jobs+That+Makesense
Are you passionate about startups, excited about innovation, and want to play an important role in developing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Eastern Europe & Central Asia? If so, join the Seedstars World Team!
ABOUT SEEDSTARS WORLD
At Seedstars World, we run the largest seed-stage tech competition in emerging markets to source top companies and provide them with networking opportunities, mentoring and access to funding. It is now the largest startup network in emerging markets uniting over 2000+ startups, investors, accelerators/incubators, corporates, and media/press and government agencies.
The competition reaches new heights with the yearly Regional Summits, (1 per region: Africa, Asia, CEE, MENA, Latam) uniting all of the stakeholders in the region under one roof; it is then followed by the Seedstars Summit held in Switzerland every year.
ABOUT SEEDSTARS SUMMIT
At the Seedstars Summit, we unite the top players interested in connecting, building and investing in emerging markets. It is the biggest Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum for emerging markets that takes place across all continents.
ABOUT THE JOB
We work with our new talents to help them develop core skills; learn more about different startup ecosystems, and deep dive into impact creation both within Seedstars and in the world as a whole. It's a great opportunity to play a key role in organizing the largest tech events dedicated to startups in emerging markets, worldwide.
This role is divided in two parts:
First, you will get involved in the organisation of our CEE Regional Summit to be held in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan in December 2019. (Timeline: July to December)
Second, based on your performance assessment after the Regional Summit you would continue and participate in the organisation of the Global Seedstars Summit to be held in April 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland. (Timeline: January to May)
The tasks include but are not limited to:
· Planning, execution and follow-up for the CEE Regional Summit and then the Global Seedstars Summit
· Assist with all other event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post event wrap-up
· Operations & Logistics
· Coordinate event logistics such as registration, hotel, catering, transportation, networking activities, etc.
· Supervise and coordinate event contractors and suppliers, including budget negotiation
· Order, distribute, and manage all event materials and execution items
· Stakeholder and speaker research
· Manage Social Media and communication with some specific stakeholders, including post-event
· Support with content creation
· Support on event wrap-up and reporting
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to details
· Highly proficient in spoken and written English
· Preferably to speak Russian
· Previous event organisation experience
· Startup ecosystem + Innovation knowledge is preferable
· Strong communication skills, ability to communicate on time, in an impactful way to both team members and external stakeholders
· Ability to balance strategic thinking and on-the-ground concrete and swift actions
· Strong belief in getting things done - We are nomads traveling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution.
· Working in remote with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen
· An ability to connect - comfortable in new environments and more importantly loving engaging with new people and circumstances. You must be able to network and connect with different types of people.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
· Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 70 countries
· Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
· Join a young, passionate and growing team of entrepreneurs & facilitators
· Access to our internal Academy with dedicated courses on growth hacking, finance or online marketing.
· Upon successful completion of the Regional Summit and Global Seedstars Summit, a full time position may be presented
LOCATION & STARTING DATE
Location: remotely or Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, then 3 weeks in Switzerland in March/April 2020
Starting date: beginning of July 2019
Join our family!