Today, a new wave of progress is beginning, based on major technological and scientific advances. Autonomous cars, cancer treatments with immunotherapy, 3D printed organs, collaborative robots and much more.
At Hello Tomorrow, we identify startups developing groundbreaking deep-tech innovations cutting across major environmental and societal challenges, transforming our lives. Their solutions are based on technologies that have great promise for the future but which require several years of R&D, large capital investment, expertise and special talent, support for industrial applications, etc.
It is a matter of urgency therefore that favorable conditions be created to support deeptech entrepreneurs and accelerate technology transfer.
We are looking for a Startup Community Coordinator who will help us design the best programs to support deeptech entrepreneurs and manage our startup community activities.
Who are we?
We are a global organization on a mission to unlock the potential of deep technologies to help solve some of the world's toughest challenges (societal, environmental and industrial).
We identify deeptech solutions, empower the pioneers who drive them, and bring together a community of actors who believe that science and advanced technology can contribute to shaping a better tomorrow.
Our Global Challenge : the right springboard for deeptech entrepreneurs looking for visibility, funding and the right connections worldwide.
Global Summit and events around the globe : exclusive community events in 11 countries involving our community of science-entrepreneurs, large corporations, investors and researchers.
Consulting & Training Programs : help corporates leverage the potential of emerging technologies, understanding how it will impact their organization and how they can contribute to accelerate the transfer of impactful solutions from lab to market.
The Global Challenge and our startup community
The Global Challenge is the most exclusive worldwide competition. For its 5th edition in 2018, more than 4,500 entrepreneurs from 119 countries applied to the Global Challenge.
We avoid pointless apps and social media analytics tools here — we prefer flying cars, space taxis, breakthrough medical treatments or handheld scanners to detect fake drugs. Projects that actually makes the world a better place.
There are at least 3 rounds to select finalists startups and it involves a different jury at each step. We evaluate each project on the technical aspects, the market, the team and the potential impact of the project with the help of a panel of scientists, entrepreneurs, investors and influential industry partners.
What do we bring the startups?
- Funding: More than €250K awarded in prize money
- Visibility: Pitch in front of 600 relevant stakeholders, get featured in international medias (Financial Times, BBC, Les Echos, etc.), showcase during the Global Summit (3,500 attendees)
- Connections: Access to the Global Summit (meetings with hundreds of C-level industrial leaders, deeptech VCs, Post-doc and technical experts etc.) and Investor Day with 150+ worldwide investors.
The main challenge: keeping track of our startup community (our Alumni) and provide them with continuous value after competitions.
It’s hard to follow more than 1500 startups all over the world. So of course we try to monitor them as best as we can and we’re developing new tools to keep the community together after the events so that there is a real feeling of community and that startups also stay in touch with one another. As of today, we mostly stay in touch with the ones that succeed the most, because they update us about their new projects and we try to promote them and carry on connecting them with the right stakeholders. But much more can be done from building tailor-made networking tools for them to sharing extensive content to give them more visibility.
And we plan to go further: we will be identifying deeptech startups throughout the year and proposing a membership for the ones who meet our criteria to join the Hello Tomorrow Community. Through this membership the entrepreneurs will get access to key resources (information, connections and opportunities) that will help them in their journey : it could be dedicated mentorship programs, access to online resources or exclusive events etc.
Reporting to the Global Challenge Manager, your day-to-day will look like the following:
Startup Program design
- Analysis of our Alumni needs: conducting interviews and surveys to design and constantly improve our Alumni program
- Definition of activities, programs and key resources to offer them
Operation of Startup programs
- Launch the first version of our Alumni Program (first pilots with key activities to test) and constantly iterate to improve the program
- Define and launch a membership program for deeptech startups entering our Community
- Manage daily activities (online and offline) dedicated to our Startup Community (e.g. matching programs with mentors, journalists, corporates and many other activities to be defined)
- Find a smart way to keep track and get updated information about our Startup Community
- Find the best tools to interact with our Startup Community (1-to-1 emails / dedicated newsletter ?)
- Communicate regularly to Startups about our activities and opportunities we offer them
- Support the coordination between our Startup Community and other activities we organize involving other players (e.g. investors, corporates etc.)
Constant improvement and maximisation of our value proposition for startups
- Launch new ideas on how to generate value to startups attending our events, participating in our competitions and becoming member of our Community
Who are you?
- You are deeply fascinated by and passionate about science, technologies and innovation.
- You have a technical, scientific or engineering background.
- You read about deep tech and entrepreneurship, quite a lot.
- You’re willing to take initiatives.
- You are creative and think often out of the box. ❏ You’re very curious.
- You enjoy developing projects from scratch.
- You’re VERY well organized and rigorous.
- You have a strong willingness to work collaboratively with other team members as well.
- You have a strong belief in getting things done!
- Ability to define a value proposition, to design an innovative service and constantly improve it.
- Very good understanding of the deeptech ecosystem (https://hello-tomorrow.org/report) in particular deeptech startups needs.
- Ability to manage long-term projects (demonstrable experience of project management practices).
- Business Development skills (and ability to implement a marketing campaign).
- Proven communication and negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of scientific, engineering and/or technical subjects.
- Native English Speaker or fully fluent in English (knowledge in French would be a plus).
- Fluency in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Experience in building a startup program is a PLUS
What we offer?
- Salary, depending on profile, because passion doesn’t pay your rent
- An opportunity to discover cutting-edge technologies to solve real-world problems, as well as the greatest minds in deep tech!
- A team that is passionate, creative, impact driven, and at the top of their game
- A fast-paced, international, interdisciplinary, inspiring, and collaborative work environment
- Last but not least... the Parisian life! (Open-space office environment in the heart of Paris)