RNW Media is now looking for a full-time Institutional Fundraiser to join a dynamic team in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
As Institutional Fundraiser you will be seeking funding opportunities for the development of projects and proposals aligned with the RNW strategy and managing full proposal development and bid management including donor management.
About RNW Media
RNW Media thrives for a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future. To do so, RNW Media builds digital communities where young people can safely engage on taboos and sensitive topics and generate strong stories for advocacy to unleash their potential for social change.
RNW Media has three core global programs:
· Love Matters focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR);
· Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance;
· The RNTC Media Training Centre strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
As Institutional Fundraiser, you will join the Business Development team and report to the Director of Business Development. You will be responsible for the following:
· Identifying relevant opportunities with a broad scope (multi country, multi-program, significant budgets);
· Developing effective and efficient proposals and partnerships in line with our ToC and business strategy;
· Ensuring that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization;
· Networking with current and potential donors and stakeholders, investing in building relationships, providing support on outreach and resource mobilization to regional managers;
· Managing the production of proposal documentation within the tender process;
· Managing the project team (regional colleagues, Finance, PMEL) to get input and to ensure proposals meet with overall planning and capacity;
· Assessing project opportunities in target countries across programs;
· Monitoring and reporting on institutional fundraising results against the targets set in organizational strategy and annual plans.
· 5 – 7 years relevant experience;
· Master degree in a relevant field; economics, sociology, anthropology, international development, media studies or other;
· Proven track record with acquiring new grants, preferably in the fields of SRHR and Democracy & Good Governance;
· Experience in program management and implementation;
· Experience in Sub Saharan Africa and/or the MENA region and/or China;
· Knowledge of program development;
· Well-developed project management skills and used to coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams;
· Experience with international teams;
· Excellent (near) native written and spoken English, Dutch and preferably French.
What we offer
· A stimulating position within a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries;
· An informal and flexible work structure that emphasizes wellbeing as much as it does quality work;
· An office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk;
· 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension;
· A gross monthly salary of at least € 3700,- up to at the most € 4400,- based on a 36-hour working week and depending on relevant years of experience.
How to apply
Han Valk – Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume in English to Claire Barthet, at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position in the subject line latest 7 April 2019, midnight (Central European time).
We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on ongoing basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Candidates should be EU nationals or have permission to work in the Netherlands.