At MakeSense we believe that to solve the social and environmental issues of our time, everyone in society has a role to play. MakeSense exists to be the catalyst that allows each actor to have a positive impact. We release energy and support all actors in society so that collectively they solve the issues that matter to them.
MakeSense inspires citizens, entrepreneurs and organizations, trains them and engages them in an international community that builds and supports innovative solutions to our societal challenges. Through this community, we identify the most promising solutions that we accelerate through our incubators and facilitate collaborations to scale these solutions.
MakeSense is also an international team of more than 70 full-time staff based in France, Mexico, Senegal, Peru, Lebanon, India and the Philippines. We experiment on a daily basis with new organizational models that put responsibility, autonomy and benevolence at the heart of our interactions. Impact is the fuel of all our actions. We love to learn and share, everywhere and all the time. Like our community, all the challenges we identify turn into solutions built collectively!
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced professional passionate about working with private and public organizations in their pathway towards more responsible business activities, alongside citizens and entrepreneurs!
Your role will be both:
- Business developer: find new financial partners and clients on makesense “purposeful innovation” programs
- Account manager: because we believe one can sell well only what they know and experience, you’ll be responsible to coordinate our existing open-innovation programs with the client and the team.
By “purposeful innovation” program we mean the following makesense programs: open-innovation programs on social/environmental topics (such as Future of Waste with SUEZ), “startups - companies” collaboration programs (such as Women in Businesses for Good with AXA), social intrapreneurship programs.
1/ As a Business Developer:
* Work with the sales team to structure the pipeline of prospects
* Organize and run meetings with prospects
* Coordinate the sales process to make sure discussions progress
* Build all the documents needed to ensure the discussions (concept notes and commercial propositions, budget, invoice, etc.)
* Negotiate partnerships (budget, conditions, time, etc.)
* Ensure the transfer of the partnerships to the delivery team
2/ As an account manager
* Ensure the regular follow-up between the partner and the delivery team
* Continue exploring the client organization to develop the program or sell new partnerships
* Explore potential partnerships with other organisations to grow the program
3/ As a member of the Sales team:
* Contribute to the evolution of our programs and offers
* Contribute to our business intelligence strategy
* Contribute to the marketing efforts (online and offline - events, conferences, etc.)
You’ll be working with the Sales team and more especially with makesense Head of Development.
Your profile: experienced business developer or account manager
* Minimum 3 years of working experience, ideally with experiences in business development or innovation within corporate or institutions
* Important: You are fluent in English and French.
* You believe companies have their role to play for a more sustainable world, you believe in social innovation and shared value
* You have an analytical mind and understand complex situations
* You have proven experience in convincing, building trustful and long lasting relationships with your clients.
* You have perfect writing skills and master powerpoint like no-one
* You communicate with confidence in front of different kinds of audiences (from C-suite executives to social entrepreneurs).
* You have an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to tackle new challenges with autonomy and optimism.
* You are impact AND solution-driven.
Starting date: available ASAP
Contract & Salary: CDI, depending on level of experience and according to a wage grid co-created by makesense team
We are waiting for your application before September 15th. Of course please send your resume or linkedin (in French or English) but, we are not motivation letter lovers. So, in order to get to know you better, please answer these 3 questions in English please:
- Why should you join makesense?
- Tell us about experiences you have with institutions
- You believe in collective innovation: tell us why!
We cannot wait to meet you!