makesense brings together and supports engaged citizens, passionate entrepreneurs, and forward-looking organizations to collectively tackle today’s social and environmental issues.
We help different stakeholders to unlock their potential to create positive impact through customized pathways of engagement. For citizens, we offer ways to learn and take action. For entrepreneurs, we offer programs to help strengthen their projects. For organizations, we offer programs to innovate and transform their practices.
In 7 years, we have supported 2,800 entrepreneurs, 35,000 citizens, and 100 organizations.
makesense is developed by a team of 70+ people in 8 offices around the world:
Paris, Mexico, Dakar, Manila, Beyrouth, Lima, Delhi and Abidjan.
Are you looking for a meaningful paid-volunteering opportunity?
Do you want to join a young and dynamic international team?
Do you want to advocate social innovation and support the launching of social enterprises? Do you want to contribute to a better Philippines?
If your answer is YES, read on!
Makesense exists in the Philippines for 4 years now. Thanks to our community of 50 volunteers in 6 cities of the Philippines and our fulltime team based in Manila, we engaged in real life 3,000 people in social innovation activities, supported the creation of 50 social enterprises and accelerated the launching of 6 social enterprises.
2018 is a transitional year for makesense Philippines as we are opening our first Asian MakeSense Academy: an in-person program to train and support early-stage social entrepreneurs launch their social startups. Moreover, our community is growing and new advocacies are emerging.
To develop our community activities and enable more Filipinos to learn about social innovation, we are looking for an enthusiastic service civique to lead the social innovation events of the makesense Philippines hub.
** Supporting the community **
- Create and formalize methodologies to run efficient workshops and events
- Build strong relationships with local MakeSense Ambassadors (active volunteers) in the Philippines
- Catch up on a regular basis with MakeSense Ambassadors, to support them in building mobilization in their cities (on topics such as food security, waste, access to energy …)
- Reinforce connections between volunteers. MakeSense volunteers are full of resources; connecting allows peer-to-peer learning, creating different open-source methodologies, and mobilizations to go global
- Help organize special events
- Deliver trainings online and offline
Supporting the creation of social startups
Help the Accelerator manager provide the right support to the social entrepreneurs incubated by makesense
Organize events and trainings for people interested in social entrepreneurship
Organize workshops to support the creation of social enterprises in Manila and outside the city
More than any specific skills, we are most of all looking for an individual passionate about - and who believes in - the power of citizen engagement, community building, and social entrepreneurship! However, there are other skills and qualities that we believe would make an extremely strong candidate and that we’ll be looking for:
- You're passionate about social entrepreneurship and want to be part of the change
- You already managed a social media strategy in your previous experiences
- You love learning and are excited to test, share, and learn constantly
- Managing a project or organizing an event is like second nature for you
- You are organized and detail-oriented
- You have already made presentations and talks in front of important audiences
- You're autonomous but can easily report and synchronize with others
- You are comfortable to work with an international, multi-cultural team
- Fluent in English (the working language of MakeSense Philippines is English)